1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game Freezes Computer Randomly

Discussion in 'Support' started by QueanBee, Jul 22, 2019.

1. QueanBee

QueanBee Space Hobo

Hey there, I'm having this issue where my game will randomly freeze the whole computer. If I'm playing multiplayer, it will tell me the server ended my connection and will completely lock the system. If I'm playing single player, my character will run in a straight line for eternity. The game will keep running, but the audio will be very broken and the game stutters really bad.

I'm playing vanilla other than SMAPI for the log, which hasn't shown anything out of the ordinary. I've got a Ryzen 5 2400G without an additional GPU. 16 Gigs of 3000Mhz RAM, 1TB HDD and a fairly fresh install of windows.

I would really appreciate any help anyone could give me.

• jessevang

jessevang Space Hobo

I had freezing issues recently too and thought it was either my ram or solid state hard drive, but later found out that it was my CPU overheating.
      Apparently the pump for my water cooler died.

I would suggest you get any free software program to see how hot your CPU is running.
      I used OpenHardwareMonitor which i found on google.

My CPU was running at 60 Degree Celsius with my dead water pump and it went back down to 20-40 degrees when I bought a new fan.

All my random Freezing issues was resolved after this fix.

I hope this works for you.