1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Game doesn't even start when I hit "Launch Starbound"

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Iojiki, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iojiki

Iojiki Starship Captain

The launcher pops up fine when I click "Play" from steam. Unfortunatly if I click "Launch Starbound" it just flashes a black box real quick, gives me a loud "windows error sound" and that's it. No error message or anything to go on. I'm running this on Windows 7, I have no clue what the problem is but I've already tried reinstalling once...

Any help would be fantastic.

2. flf888

flf888 Space Spelunker

The same thing occurs to me. I did however notice that a "starbound.exe" process starts in the Task Manager "processes" window.

Have tried re-installing, restarting computer, re-validating steam cache, disabling steam community in game with no success.

3. Derenger21

Derenger21 Orbital Explorer

I had trouble launching, then i simply launched in 'safe mode' wich is openGL. it worked. dunno why that'd matter for my computer but, meh, I recomend giving a shot just to see if it'll run. I also went into the folder and set run as admin.

4. Nethen

Nethen Orbital Explorer

I think it just takes a bit to start up, for me it was a couple minutes from pressing launch to the game window showing up. This is mainly noticeable since there is no splash screen that most games use until the actual game window opens.

5. Void 7x9

Void 7x9 Aquatic Astronaut

i get as far as seeing the game logo screen and that is as far as I can get right now.

6. Void 7x9

Void 7x9 Aquatic Astronaut

forget that. it just worked after appearing to not work for a few minutes.

about 3-5 minutes waiting.

7. NiebieskiMak

NiebieskiMak Void-Bound Voyager

Same problem here

8. Iojiki

Iojiki Starship Captain

Just wanted to update and say that I fixed my problem by using a couple of work arounds. I changed all the .exe files in the folder to run as admin and renamed the starbound_opengl.exe to starbound.exe after I backed up the original one. That seemed to fix it for me. Good luck to everyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.