1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Game Crashing When Loading

Discussion in 'Support' started by drakos2001, Dec 22, 2017.

1. drakos2001

drakos2001 Space Hobo

so i bought the game and as soon as is create my character and enter the game watch the first cutscene my game crashes.Also my game crashes when i am resting on the second day of spring.I have tried everything.Please i need help because i have loved this game so much

• molerat

molerat Void-Bound Voyager

First things first. There is a support forum, it is here: https://community.playstarbound.com/forums/stardew-support/
      You'll probably have better luck posting over there.
      Second thing: You need to give more details. What platform are you on? PC? Switch? Xbox? PS4? This is rather important as it will affect possible solutions.

Also, when exactly is it crashing? Is it when the game goes black and its trying to save? (On PC it says "Saving" or some such on the bottom left of the screen. I never played the other versions so I don't know if they indicate when saving.)

The more details you can give the better.

• Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Moved to Stardew Valley Support, since Stardew Valley General Discussion isn't used for tech support. I've also updated the thread title to be more informative.

Please report threads that have been posted in the wrong section. Simply directing users elsewhere often results in duplicate threads being made.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Where did you buy it? Places such as Steam and GOG have forums where you can typically request help, and the numbers of people playing are much larger than here. (Well, at least that's true for Steam.)

• molerat

molerat Void-Bound Voyager

My bad. I miss the obvious sometimes (like everyone I suppose), and never even though about reporting the thread to have it moved.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Borodin This is the official place for support. Instead of directing players elsewhere, I suggest encouraging the most helpful people to help here too. It's better to have one place to ask instead of three. :)

@drakos2001 That sort of error is usually easy to fix, but we'll need a bit more info. First, are you playing on Linux, Mac, Windows, PS4, XBox, or Switch?