1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Game Crashes when beaming up to ship

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Jin_Gaster, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Jin_Gaster

Jin_Gaster Intergalactic Tourist

In game, I wanted to visit a friendly ship. However, after looting everything in that ship, I wanted to beam back to my ship. However, the game crashed.

I re-entered the game and did the same exact things, and it still crashed the game as a 'Fatal Error'.
    This was on Windows 10 64-bit, and I am using the mods 'Extra-Zoom, NoShadows, Parallax Performance Compression, and Freeze that Gate'.

I use fullscreen on Starbound, and after the game crashed, I found the starbound.log, which I attached below. I don't know what is going on.

(This is my first time at creating a bug report, so tell me if there's anything else I need to say.)

EDIT 1: This has happened 3 times, but now it is working. Perhaps the fix for it was restarting my computer. But still, if anyone could find the cause of this, it would be quite helpful! :)

EDIT 2: I just figured out that sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't. I still do not know the cause of the issue. :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  2. FrostBird347

FrostBird347 Guest

Same thing keeps happening to me, but it is a lot less common...

I compared both logs and it seems like something else is causing my game to crash...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2018
  3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please avoid doubleposts. If you want to make additions to your previous post please edit your post instead. I merged your posts.
    Also always attach your log when asking for support. :nuruhappy:

4. FrostBird347

FrostBird347 Guest

Sorry, here is the log. (I shortened it because the log was massive and most of it was from when I was using another character)

EDIT: It happens on all my characters.

Attached Files:

5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Remove the duplicate mods from the mods folder. Also it seems you're missing a mod which may prevent one or more characters from being loaded/shown in character selection.

6. FrostBird347

FrostBird347 Guest

I had duplicate mods because the starbound server does not detect steam mods, but I can remove them when I am not hosting a game.

I also checked my character files, and there is one that is not displaying, but I can not see any of my main characters missing, so I have no idea which character that one could be.