1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game crashed to desktop when picking up duplicated Mining chest item

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by Pangaearocks, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

1. Got to level 60 in the Mining area, where there is a reward, a dagger.
    2. Had a full inventory at the time, so had to drop an item to pick it up.
    3. Still a full inventory after picking it up, clicked on the chest again, and the dagger got duplicated, as it was still present and I was able to pick it up
    4. Don't recall exact events here, but the duplicated dagger from the chest ended up on the ground, as in the inventory was full so couldn't put it in there.
    5. I ate a single item, so that there would be room in the inventory
    6. At this point the dagger got auto-inserted into the inventory, as I was standing on top of it.
    7. Then the game crashed to desktop with no error message.

I've seen this duplication behaviour before when I've had a full inventory, but then the game didn't crash. Previously the duplicated item got deleted at some point so I didn't actually get several for selling or whatever, but this time I was still in the Mines, and the game crashed to desktop with no error message

I have the GOG version of the game with the latest patch (1.2.33). Am playing on Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon 64bit. Have one mod installed, plus SMAPI: The UI Suite.

Error log and save files attached.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

This is a bug in which the game creates duplicate references to the same item stack. That will cause all sorts of weird effects, including a SMAPI crash. I fixed the crash in the upcoming SMAPI 2.5.5, though.

Pangaearocks likes this.
      • Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

Glad you managed to sort this out in the upcoming SMAPI update, even though it's a game bug. Thanks.