1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Game closes itself

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by johnothan, Jan 5, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnothan

johnothan Void-Bound Voyager

So i decided to play starbound for the first time in a while today but my game wouldn't launch so i uninstalled and reinstalled but now the game launches does the chucklefish logo goes to a loading screen and then just closes itself i tried uninstalling and reinstalling again but it didn't work. it doesn't say error or not responding just closes as if i clicked the x.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your full starbound.log located in the storage folder of your starbound install.

~ Iris ~

3. johnothan

i tried to upload the logs but it just says "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension."

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

u r trying to upload 1 of the 5 logs in my signature that end in .1, .2, .3, .4, or .5. look in my signature for more detailed instructions

5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Windows hides known file extensions by default. The file will appear as only "starbound" for most users.

~ Iris ~

6. johnothan

got it

Attached Files:

7. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

you have an item with the spawn id "flintlock" defined twice. Check which mods include a flintlock pistol or similar weapon, and remove all of them but the 1 you want to keep, or simply remove all of them

Iris Blanche likes this.
  8. johnothan

this fixed it thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.