1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Game Advanced Months Ahead

Discussion in 'Support' started by orlib123, Mar 23, 2018.

1. orlib123

orlib123 Space Hobo

I got on my game this morning to discover that I had jumped from Summer Year 2 to mid Winter Year 2. I paused the game before I left, but it didn't stop. Is there any way to go back? I was on Day 22 Summer Year 2.

• Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to Stardew Valley Support.

Please make sure to post in the right section and also read the stickies in said section first before posting.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

That isn't how time advances in the game-- the game only moves ahead (when not glitched) as far as two a.m. of a day, at which point you'd pass out automatically and wake up in bed several hundred dollars poorer for being 'rescued' by Harvey or the Joja ninjas. The game cannot just keep running day after day without your input. Now, the glitch you're describing where it simply /skips/ several weeks or entire seasons is certainly known and that is possibly what happened in this case. If you're playing on the PC, you can rewind back to the previous day by swapping the backup save file into place instead of your current one. But that's only if you haven't continued playing since the timeskip, because the moment you finish the current day, that old backup file gets over-written with the current one. That is only on the PC editions-- if you're using console, I do not know of any backup files or how you would swap them.

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

@Lilliput, I think you're forgetting the case where you put nothing into the shipping box, so the shipping screen doesn't pop up and the game automatically begins the next day. If that's what happened, then the save files would have been overwritten multiple times between Summer and Winter. <sad face>