Futuristic rides and massive machines.

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Alternal, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

So lets think about the sheer mass of awesomeness in this game so far.
    We have mechs, spaceships, giant laser canons, basically everyone here's dream game.
    And this goes without saying, but I think we need some over the top machines, along with some awesome travel means.
    So where to start!

(Also, none of this belongs to me, and the images are basic ideas! Which would obviously need originality and recreating!)

Easiest to say would be with mechs. Now I've already seen some images of basic kinda "big tank with legs" mech, but for a higher class, why not go to the top? Now being the massive anime geek I am, I hear "mech" and think of a Gundam, LFO, or Knightmare.
    For example:
    [​IMG]
    (An LFO from Eureka Seven)

Now who wouldn't want to fly around in one of those on their planet and wreak some havoc?? Just think of the epic multiplayer battles!(And also fighting some of those offline would blow your mind, considering the enemy would have one before you!) Also considering they could help with construction range, you know, LARGE ARMS.

And going that far, why not upgrade some tanks? Spider walkers, hover tanks, even crazy drill tanks!
    [​IMG]
    (Spider VS from the video game series Lost Planet)
    I mean come on, seeing that walking across the ground towards you would make you want to run and hide! Unless of course you have your own, which in that case, FIRE EVERYTHING! :sparta:
    So those are my basic mech/tank ideas. Now for some fun stuff!

So we're all gunna need transportation right?
    And me being a longboarder, skateboards and stuff like that would be great! But there's a little issue with those.
    Primarily, we're going to be on some very rocky, and hazardous grounds! And how the hell are you going to ride over pointy crystals? So as a solution, lets add some.... oh I dunno, rockets? Or maybe something a little more fun:
    [​IMG]
    I give you, a ref board! (Also from Eureka Seven. Its my favourite anime. Shoosh. :X)

So my main point with this, besides the fact that they'de be fun, is the added combat bonuses that would come from something like this, which is my main point of the thread besides some mechs. The benefit I'm talking about is of course the speed, and the fact that you would be able to use weapons on these! You could come flying down and take out your sword (or whatever), straight through an enemy and then right back up to plan your next attack. Shooting would be a little harder, but still as satisfying pulling off high speed head shots.
    And to go with the fact that these are meant to be quick, pulling off sharp turns, dives, and lifts are only natural.

Also stuff like this would be a blast to race with your friends and just flying around.

TL/DR: GUNDAMS, AND FLYING LONG/SKATEBOARDS.

So now, like with most of my threads, I'd like to thank you for reading this! I'd love to hear your feedback and I apologize for all of the other-source images. I can't really do pixel art. (but I might add it if I can make something decent.)
    SPRITES HOPEFULLY COMING SOON!
    Thank you! :love:
    Edit:
    And also please note, these are not my images and the items/vehicles should not be named nor look the same way as pictured above, just base ideas.
    You'll see when the sprites are up :)

2. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

...dude you got on the wrong forum area, and your stealing someone's idea. We can't really really take someone's picture that belong to them...who owns it and copy idea future fiction. Reason:
    1. they made it, and we can't take it
    2. If we did take it, there is going be lots law suit on that case
    3. I know anime have best idea, but for the truth we are not pose to break that one law
    pretty much it yea.

3. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

I am afraid all of these were already suggested, in more detail and with description of impact on the gameplay better than "it would be cool to have such in game because" as much as I am also quite sure that developers know of quite some different mecha shows/styles to take reference from should they need it.

4. Alternal

Well I know these are pretty generic ideas but I just wanted to put them out there, just to show some more support for the items and such.
    And I know all of that, and I also stated that in no way should the items look/behave/be named exactly or maybe anywhere close to the images provided, and did give credit to the show or game.
    The ideas above are simply guidelines, it's not like the idea of a flying skate/long board is copyrighted completely, if anything the name of the Ref Board is, and maybe the base design, and who knows, there's cameo appearances from Creepers and other things, who's to say that these couldn't be too?

And uh yeah... wrong section. Woops.

5. Alternal

Actually no real reason keeping this thread up. I might as well make an original one strictly for the sky boards.
    SO requesting a close please. :wut: