1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Furry Friendly Starbound Server (Modpack Updated 4/7/2015, Races, Music, Improvements and more!)

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Snowpup, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Blastaway

Blastaway Cosmic Narwhal

Did the server run into a brick wall?

2. jfmherokiller

jfmherokiller Scruffy Nerf-Herder

well the dns of the server is redirecting to something called "vac3-0-a9.qc.ca.vaccum" which is an anti DDoS thing

3. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

Yeah, the server had a hard crash at the data center and they're sending a technician to check on it. I'm sorry for the trouble guys, it seems one thing after another haha.

Once the ticket is responded I should have an ETA for you~

Edit: host is having issues with their datacenters apparently, but a workaround is in place temporarily, however it's causing incredibly slow asset loading. Of thousands of assets it's taking upwards of 30 seconds to load a single one.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  4. jfmherokiller

are you running it on a potato?

5. Snowpup

Yep. Eight physical cores 3.7GHz, 65GB RAM.

Blastaway likes this.
  6. Blastaway

Blastaway Cosmic Narwhal

So you're running it on a few thousand Potatoes?

7. Snowpup

Precisely.

I'm not sure what this 'workaround' they're running or what it did, but hopefully I can find a way to workaround that workaround. x.x

Edit: I've done just that. We're up and should be functioning normally now.

8. Blastaway

Blastaway Cosmic Narwhal

Can you workaround a workaround a workaround (add needed "a workaround"s here)

9. Snowpup

I can only go up to the third power.

10. Kenkaruto

Kenkaruto Void-Bound Voyager

You said it yourself right here, Snowpup. That's why I'm curious.

:p

11. Snowpup

Oh that was ages ago around Starbound release when everyone played the game for progression purposes and not creative purposes.

In any case upon universe reset Creative Mode probably will be disappearing anyways.

12. Kenkaruto

Kenkaruto Void-Bound Voyager

Universe reset.. So it's pointless to build a home on a planet?

*Just curious since I was planning to bookmark and protect a planet so I can eventually build more and more on it to make an Avali settlement*

EDIT: And have you ever though about getting a Mumble for the server? Your playerbase could hang out there while the server crashes and continue their discussions

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  13. Snowpup

Yes, don't bother building a new home planet quite yet. The crashes are there because of a corrupt universe so we're going to be wiping it shortly. You would simply lose your progress.

About the Mumble, it's something I've had in mind of properly setting up. I'll see what can be done about it.

14. jfmherokiller

btw I think your modpack has a few errors
    http://pastebin.com/xeYUmy4L
    The errors consist of

• grapplinghook
    • invisihat
    • bigredbutton
    • boosterflamekaenid
    • flagkitsuneicon
    • fuelhatchicon
    • apexrecordplayericon
    • spawner_bunnykin
    • tabularasa
    • tiles
    • spawnerbunnykin

15. Snowpup

Yes, I've been meaning to comb over them. I had fixed them once in the past but updated the mods and they all came back. Just a mismatch of file names in the mods the creators missed. I'll be repairing them again after the universe reset.

Also for those that are interested a Mumble server has now been setup. Simply connect with "furrybound.com" in the address field and any username you choose. It's quite bare-bones so if fuzzbutts begin using it and have ideas for channels, features, etc please let me know.

16. jfmherokiller

Does mumble support text chat because the closest thing I have to a mic is a castrated version of Microsoft Sam running under speakonia which that its self is running beneath wine.

17. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Grapplinghook and tiles are from the avali mod if you didn't already know, snowpup. Hope that saves you a little bit of time when you get around to bug squashing :3

18. Snowpup

It does, yes!
    Heh thank you. I believe the full path is given in the logs as well~

When I do the universe reset I'm going to try and get your race back in here. ;w;

Edit: Errors have been fixed here locally and will be pushed on reset date. I had a few remaining error I couldn't quite trace out or figure the cause of and will Pastebin here. Maybe someone here more experienced with the LUA mods might be able to help track down a fix for these few remaining?

http://pastebin.com/CfkRNh4w

Not sure how to rectify the tiles either as it's just a folder and there's no concurrent tiles mod file for it.

Quilavabom likes this.
  19. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

That’s an issue in one of the blueprint files. Maybe I can help.

Are there any further planned changes to the modpacks besides bug fixes?

20. Snowpup

Other than trying to re-add Kineptic no.