1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Furry Friendly Starbound Server (Modpack Updated 4/7/2015, Races, Music, Improvements and more!)

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Snowpup, Dec 29, 2013.

1. hematophagous

hematophagous Void-Bound Voyager

A couple hours later, and I'm still unable to connect.

I suspect you two are on the right track. Would you all think this is an appropriate time to contact Snowpup? I could shoot them a message on skype.

2. Aku Hito

Aku Hito Big Damn Hero

Yes, it seems reasonable to do that at this point. The server has been offline for about 3 days now.

3. sρooκs

sρooκs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Couldn't connect to the server with the new modpack installed.

downforeveryoneorjustme says the server is up though..

4. hematophagous

No, the server is very much down for everyone else, as far as I can tell. I attempted to log on again just before writing this post and it's still down for me. The website (http://www.furrybound.com/) also says the server is down. (Under the "server stats" section on the right. It may take a around half a minute to load that information but when it does you will see this: http://i.gyazo.com/740ade309ac8abc01b5c746ed66e1f80.png)[DOUBLEPOST=1410677045][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way, I've sent Snowpup a skype message to tell them him that the server's down, and he's looking into it.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    sρooκs likes this.
  5. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

We'll be taking a look into this; we have a feeling it has to do with our re-done fuel module. Sorry for this but thank you for reporting and we will track it down.

I'm sorry this has been so rough fuzzbutts! I've been out of town and just recently got back. I won't have much time tomorrow to do anything but on Monday I'll be cracking down to revert to the old mod pack (I have a feeling I know the one causing the issue) and to spiffy things up.

To clarify we do not have an auto-restart yet; we just recently migrated to a new system and OS so it may take time to implement.

We are online again.

sρooκs and hematophagous like this.
  6. sρooκs

sρooκs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Going to try that pack listed a couple pages back. I hope it has the mounts.:casper:

It doesn't. :cry:

7. itsapainfulworld

itsapainfulworld Yeah, You!

Could someone enlighten me as to how the permissions system works? I have a CLOSE friend on my planet, and dispite adding him to my party, he cannot break blocks on my planet nor harm any monsters. Another random person who came to help me on a random planet (belonged to noone) when a Miniboss took my tent hostage had the same issue, couldn't harm monsters or break blocks.

8. Snowpup

Type /help, it will give you the command to add a builder to a planet you've protected along with anything else you could want.

For your reference though it's /addbuilder name

Also type /builders to see who is allowed to build on a planet, or if it's protected or not.

Hey everyone, we just updated to a new wrapper version. Please let us know if any errors or bugs continue to persist or any new ones crop up.

9. hematophagous

New names are able to be successfully registered now (yay!), however, the server went down just minutes after I (and peacefultyranny) logged in.

10. Snowpup

Yeah... We're still getting a lot of socket bugs for some reason. We're looking into the causes.

hematophagous likes this.
  11. Aku Hito

Aku Hito Big Damn Hero

This is not a simple error or a problem they're doing, I just now encountered what this person is talking about. I went to join a ally but I couldn't do anything, just like he said as if the planet was protected BUT he said the planet was NOT protected. I was in a party and everything, I have a feeling this migration is doing this / the new mod pack. :cancel:

Update: I couldn't build in my ship or even in my protected world, this is a server side error. :cancel:

Update: This isn't fully confirmed but it seems like you must be in a party to loose your permission to build and only the party leader can build. :cancel:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  12. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

StarBooze is still in the modpack, though.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  13. Snowpup

Alright everyone; today was a fun day of changes and fixes.

Aku, the issue that was causing that should now be fixed. Coordinates were not updating when beaming to other players' ships but now should be. In other words your character was keeping permissions from your last planet visited if you did not come off your own ship over that planet.

Starbooze has been removed. (Please delete this from your mod folder)

Fixed server statistics on starbound_servers.net (We'll be introducing player count back onto our own website shortly)[DOUBLEPOST=1410834719][/DOUBLEPOST]Just as a heads up in a few days I will be pruning the universe folder of any planet not accessed within a month. I will also be deleting the quests database and our universe.chunks file.

What this means for you:

Universe.chunks removal may change the coordinates of some planets. If you have a planet of yours you cannot find after it is done and you have the old coordinates let me know (Do a /whois on yourself on that planet, I need all of those values)

quests database removal will simply put you back on the starting quest; it does not affect anything other than that.

Any planet not access within the last month of 9/17/2014 (so 8/17/2014) will be permanently deleted and reformed as new.

Faster load times; less main server crashes due to bloated chunks file and universe folder.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    hematophagous likes this.
  14. otisjasmodeus

otisjasmodeus Subatomic Cosmonaut

so, i have a question, and im not sure if its been answered. i have a custom ship (its pretty big, about the size of a large frigate for decorations) will it be able to be used on the server?

*EDIT* and no, its not made with fully customizable ships mod, its just another mod ship i use for large storage and to role-play as a member of the avali merchant fleet.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  15. itsapainfulworld

Of similar topic, how does one use the server's custom ship mod?

16. Snowpup

That's fine, just know if it uses any special custom textures, blocks, items or whatever it will not show properly for others and may cause crashes for people beaming to your ship.

It's quite complicated honestly; you have to create a human character, find the ship file in your folder relating to that players UUID and rename it to another players UUID.

17. fafeman

fafeman Pangalactic Porcupine

Are we ever going to have the old /pvp and /nick commands readded? I miss those a little bit.

18. itsapainfulworld

I'm starting to notice I'm good with file structure and reading it, if you can describe the process in detail (or someone else) I can do it, I'm quite sure.

19. Snowpup

/pvp Never worked to my knowledge, but we can try and bring it back if it did.

I don't think we'll be bringing /nick back; it will cause confusion on who people are and I'm not sure it'd be the most friendly with a user database now.

First log into the character you want your ship to be replaced (WARNING: YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CURRENT SHIP IF YOU DO THIS. Please back up your items on a secluded, protected planet first as well as making a backup of all three related UUID files you will find below).

Go to your Starbound install directory and click on the players folder after logging in. Sort the files by most recently modified. The one at the top of the list will be your characters UUID. Copy that UUID (You can copy it from any of the three files that are the same).

Log-out and delete your current character's UUID shipworld file. (Again please backup first)

create a new human character and again go back to your player folder and sort by most recently modified.

Logout and close Starbound (you can keep the launcher open). Find that newly created UUID file with the extension shipworld and rename the UUID before the extension with your normal character's UUID.

You can then delete your newly created human character if you want.

Now you simply log in with your old character and your new ship should arrive.

This will work with any custom ships we have installed on the server; a lot of the races have their own special ones. Feel free to find one to your liking; the human has the dreadnaught (massive ship).

Aurian Runo likes this.
  20. fafeman

fafeman Pangalactic Porcupine

Pvp worked on unprotected planets(So not spawn or claimed ones), and now that it's gone, you need to cheat to pvp at all, which isn't really a problem, except for people who don't know the line of code required to enable it.