1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Friend and I can't connect to any game/server.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by JesseOlive, Jul 31, 2016.

1. JesseOlive

JesseOlive Space Hobo

My friend and I who have played starbound together on an earlier update wanted to play it again with the release of the game and addition of steam achievements but neither of us can join each others game or other game servers.

When I try to join him via steam it says I've connected on his end but just continuously loads until, after about 3-5 minutes, it gives me a fatal error and fails to join. On the other hand when he tries to join me his game just freezes then gives him an error about 25 seconds later.

We've also tried joining other servers but none seem to work (we've checked if the server was up to date and what not).
    I've even tried purchasing my own server and that didn't work either.

We can't seem to figure out what the problem is. We've searched the steam discussions, tried different things and then came to here and still can't seem to find an answer for it. There's about 34k people in game right now and it's just confusing to me how there can be that many people in the game and no one else seems to be having this problem from what we can see. We live in Australia just in case that's relevant at all.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. dude log on

dude log on Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the same problem with my friend, it says she connects then just loads forever and then says fatal error. And just like Jesse i cant even join theirs

3. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

If you're hosting a server and nobody can connect, it's very possible you need to open the right ports for Starbound even if you've done it before. I have to redo my ports every time my modem restarts because it changes my LAN address.