REQUEST free culinary

Discussion in 'Mods' started by SkipperSmith, Oct 15, 2018.

1. SkipperSmith

SkipperSmith Void-Bound Voyager

Good morning, sorry for the bad english I'm using google translator.
    Anyone know if it was created or if it is possible to create a mod that leaves the cuisine free? Type find recipes trying, which generalize a little more recipes, such as: fried fish use any fish for that recipe and not a specific fish, among others.

• Kadyen

Kadyen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it can be done pretty easily, since the recipe requirements are indicated in a .xnb files, so a simple edit used through Content Patcher should work.

Although for some recipe, the specific fish (or else) is logical, like a Eel for a Spicy Eel, so I guess you mean for the more general recipes like the Fish Taco.

I'll look into it o/

[Edit]
      So, after I look into it, it doesn't change a lot of recipe if you want to keep a bit of logic :

Baked Fish => 2 of any fish instead of a Bream and a Sunfish
      Vegetable Medley => 2 vegetables instead of a Tomato and a Beet
      Fish Taco => Any fish instead of a Tuna
      Dish o' The Sea => 2 of any fish instead of 2 Sardines
      Stir Fry => 2 of any vegetables instead of a Kale and Cave Carrot. I left the common shroom because it seems a bit logic for me, but i can replace it for another vegetable.
      Fruit Salad => 3 of any fruits instead of 3 specifics
      Fish Stew => 2 of any fish and one of any vegetable (instead of Crayfish,Mussle, Perrywinkle and Tomato)

Otherwise, most of the recipes seemed logic for me. I couldn't change the Fried Mushroom recipe for any mushroom, since the mushrooms are in the same category of other forage consummables.

Now, is what you want something like this, or do you want the full cheaty version (aka any fruit instead of a specific fruit in every recipe, even things like cranberries in cranberry sauce).

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
      • SkipperSmith

SkipperSmith Void-Bound Voyager

that's just it. freeing more general revenues, for example: salad - 3 vegetables (being a leafy vegetable or not) and vinegar, the recovery value of that dish would be an average of the values of the ingredients used. The same for more general recipes. I went to see the Content Patcher and find out that I do not have the slightest idea how to use it: D But, managing to make the revenue more generous, it's fine.