1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Dakumi

Dakumi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yep. No idea, man.

Have you ruled out alllllll those other mods you have going on as well? That's step two. Disable each one at a time until it runs again. Then add some back in when you have a likely culprit to be sure.

Once all is ruled out, then we can proceed :) Also, what are you doing when this happens?

3. Dakumi

Dakumi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good news everyone, It seems Frackin Flora is not the cause of the server error, which is odd, because I'm even missing the FF loading error. Which is weird, because now I have no idea which mod bloody did this. I'll figure it out on my own time with adding and removing mods and see who the perp is, meanwhile Sayter you can relax knowing yer mod works as you intended. And as an aside, I was just running the server with nothing but steam open 'cause I purchased Starbound on steam. Also, no numbers, not a single one, I swear on me mum fo'sure.

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

*FrackinUniverse now :)

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Live on Github

- Inertial Lock tech now properly consumes energy

- removed border colors for the heat/cold/rad immunities since they were always on.

- obsidian should now properly extract again. not sure how i undid the changes again!

- quantum generator has been quite nicely changed. It now takes up more space, so you’ll probably need to re-place the object. They give off light based on their power output now as well, so your power room should be more illuminated. Their sound is now much more gentle, unlike the thermal generator. Also, it's speed has been improved. Seems I had a typo in the timing code that was causing issues

- new look and lighting for the quantum extractor

- ansible network gives off slight light aura when powered

- armory no longer has collision, and will not support other objects or npcs

- fixed a minor quest error where it says to connect the RED slots on batteries to the RED slot on the generator. It should read BLUE slots to RED slot.

- added Lab Fence for builders to use. Pick up a steel bar to get the recipe.

- new armors: Wretchel Armor,Bounty Hunter,Recon,Junker ,Inferno,Hoplite,Warp Hunter Shoggoth Armor

all are t3 and up, most are t5 or t6. Shoggoth is effectively t7. Their unlocks are all over the place, and some previous un-reciped resources now unlock them. Core fragments, corvex, fabric, and more!

Assault power armor now uses durasteel bars instead of cerulium compound

Hellfire weapons and armor now all use Dense Alloy and obsidian shards in their recipes

added 3 new healing-type items: Wretchel Poultice (prevents insanity), Corvex Putty (prevents mud, ice and snow effects), and Hermes Pills (increases speed). All can be produced in the BioChem lab once unlocked.

new station: MKII Extraction Lab. Faster than the basic extractor, but has the same output. Unlock it with a basic extractor.

new station: Upgrade Station (from @lillgrinn Upgrade Station mod). Still a work in progress. Currently it upgrades any armor, but only random-gen weapons and shields. You must use your hard-earned Upgrade Modules for these upgrades. Larger quantities will give you a larger boost. They are rare enough that it should not be an issue. If it is, I’ll weaken it. I'll get animations and such in for it later, too. You can unlock it via a Blast Furnace

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  6. pcwasomeness2

pcwasomeness2 Space Spelunker

i cant find the new ore at all

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Cool story. Keep looking. It's out there.

This would be roughly the 12th time you've posted such things in this thread, and almost every time it ends with "oh sorry I wasn't looking in the right place" or some such. I am going to assume the below has not been tried by you, since you would have found whatever it is you are looking for.

I honestly get really, really sick of people complaining that they can't find ores/materials on a regular basis around here.

It's quite simple: If its a new ore you haven't found: travel a fair distance away to make sure you are generating new worlds or you will not see the new ore. period. this has been stated at least 150 times in this discussion thread. Sometimes to the same person , several times (such as yourself).

If it isn't a new ore and you can't find it: look on a harder difficulty planet, or dig some more. Don't run back here and say "I can't find it" and expect me to be able to fix it. Ore drop rates are pretty much exactly what they need to be now, and they are fair and balanced. I'm not changing it to make your life easier.

If you can't find it after the above : your luck sucks. Simple as that. Keep looking.

Also, if you can't find something, use the search feature at the top of this page to look in this discussion thread for the same thing and you'll likely find the answer.

8. CaptainFoxx

CaptainFoxx Pangalactic Porcupine

Its a great mod and I absolutely love it. However it does a weird thing to vanilla star systems in freshly loaded universe chunks, it randomizes planets in ways you shouldnt find them with certain stars.

I mean, I explore a new firey star, and its nothing but tropical planets and ice worlds
    A radioactive star, and all planets dont have heavy radiation.

Any plans to fix this issue in later versions?

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

No, since it's not an issue in the first place. That's one of the design goals: to increase the variety of planet types across the board. You need to hunt a bit more, yes, but that's the point!

10. ImNotBlu

ImNotBlu Void-Bound Voyager

11. pcwasomeness2

pcwasomeness2 Space Spelunker

sry should've checked moutainous planets

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

AND should have read the update notes. again. As instructed last time this came up.[DOUBLEPOST=1447244121][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Moar Ore will overwrite the ore tables but only on vanilla planets. FU star systems will still contain the FU ores (for example, youll get Moar Ore on a Forest, but you get the FU ore on a Bog)

If you want it compatible with moar ore, ask the author of that mod for a patch for it :)

ImNotBlu and Hatsya Souji like this.
  13. Graal

Graal Big Damn Hero

It would be nice, gathering enough ore for densinium or Lunari Crystals can be difficult, with 2 needed for normal bars and ~10/12 for yours, but with the same drop rates?
    At this rate, I'm considering adding some of the ores to the ore merchant for extortionate prices, god knows I have enough diamonds and gold.

14. chean

chean Pangalactic Porcupine

The Ansible Network station (added recently) already lets you buy densinium/lunari/any other FU ore. Neither of those two are truly rare though; you can get hundreds of each from a single Sulphuric/Metal Moon (densinium) or Crystal Moon (lunari). If you aren't finding much even on those biomes, then you probably need to go to higher threat level worlds (or dig deeper underground, ores are hardly ever abundant near the surface).

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

or you could look in the right places where finding those ores isn't a problem :) I know, I'm so horrible for not just handing you infinite amounts of the high-tier ores so that you actually have to work for them!

also, its not 10/12 per bar, and hasn't been for a very long time. It's 2-4 per ore, across the board (with the fission furnace)

6 per ore with lunari on any other furnace that can handle it. This will now be changed to 3 for next update.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  16. bugmenever

bugmenever Phantasmal Quasar

Looks like objects for new 'wreck' dungeon are missing. Got stuck in warp with errors in console. Have anyone else experienced this?
    For example, we have [ "object", "wreckrobotconsole" ] in dungeons/other/wreck.dungeon, but no wreckrobotconsole.object file anywhere.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thats my bad. ill get that fixed up on the github build

edit: more Outpost stuff coming too! doing the bees! quests right now. Added a separate hut and house for the booze and bees bits of the mod.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

hammering you with goodness

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. chean

chean Pangalactic Porcupine

@sayter - I sent a pull request on GH yesterday, to fix blastfurnace's learn on pickup (gives PGI instead of upgrade station blueprint); thought it might be more efficient to do it over there, but I guess not, since it remains unfixed in the new release. ;)

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

doh! sorry, I missed that. been buried in other code. ill do a re-upload.