1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

corrected. thanks.

You mean the AI graphic? Fixed. thanks.

I haven't had time to give my Thelusian babies the love they deserve. I add when I can. They aren't missing much at all, barring art-heavy assets (ship hulls etc) related assets. I simply haven't bothered with a respawn animation because I don't have time.

They aren't broken, though. They function perfectly fine. You refer to minor details that don't affect their actual function. What you mean is there are visual inconsistencies that bother you.

"The pre-loaded images are like an unloaded default AI, which then gets updated to the correct one after bootup."
    - Sometimes its that simple to justify things in-game, even if the actual reason some are missing their "unique" pre-boot is because nobody did art for them :)

I'll see what I can do about that for ya, though. Should be easy enough.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  2. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

Sweetness! Though I should mention I'm not using Frackin' Races... so I'm not sure if there IS a "gravity" effect. If so, please lemme know and I'll try to replicate with other races as my wife plays a Saturnian (humanoid) and has a similar issue.

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

no FR means it should be just fine (or at least, no species effect is interfering) As you can see from the images I posted above, it works fine in low levels of water. So that's a bit confusing. Its probably just some minor derp, in that case. I certainly cant replicate your issue with any races I have tried so far using the current code. If I go above a level I automatically sink to the correct depth so I am unclear how you are getting to let height and swimming.

Anyhow, I'll look deeper at some point this week. I want to add some more stuff anyhow :)

LegendXCarisso likes this.
  4. um999

um999 Space Spelunker

I have a another bug report. (Sorry I don't know if this is how I am meant to do it)
    Okay I have been having visual errors with the heath and energy bar, it seems to have something to do with the mech tech (Energy field 1 or Tank Module are the ones I use)

Also Stabilized Legs seem to have a spite error but it might have something to do with my mech mods. (Mech Visuals Overhaul and Shellguard mech weapons upgraded +)
    bandicam 2019-12-25 16-39-26-807.jpg

Other then that, Some Vault Guardians with lasers, the spites of the lasers cut off but their hit boxes still hurt you.

Also some Vault Guardians with shields, their shields can be broken just by hitting them. (this may because of the Shellguard weapons I use or the top tier overhaul mod)

Ship remote control for some reason when you start it up, theres alot of slots with nothing in them. (I might have to get some mod for the ship remote control)

Somethings about bounties are abit wrong as well, some of the criminals loses their clothes or their masks turn into that one glasses and mustache one. (Happen to me with friendship masks but it may because of space cowboys.

Talking about the friendship mask, can it get actually upgraded? I tried upgrading mine and it nothing happen other then it was removed from the upgrade list.

Finally could you please give us the option to go into the cave mission again, when ever I try to go into a new cave it tells me that I have to finish the tutorial even though I already got done with it.

Bonus dumb nitpick: Colored Crustoise don't have individual colored spike hats when killed.
    Crustoise
    Crustoise

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  5. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

You have to upload a log if you want help.

6. um999

um999 Space Spelunker

I know, I read the the red at the start of the post, it's just that I think thats for crashes and not the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

There may be inside logs in the code I can try to check to see what may be the problem but sadly I have no idea how to get into the code.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Considering the main page *tells you* how in the first line, perhaps read it. I'll respond anyhow since nearly none of your issues have anything to do with my mod in any way.

nearly a 100% chance this is due to incompatibilities. I tested the hell out of these and youre the only one with the problem.

which isn't really compatible with *any* FU mech legs

a vanilla leg we dont edit has a sprite error. cool.

dont care. I dont touch vault guardians in FU. not my problem.

see above. dont care.

no idea what that is, certainly nothing from FU

another thing FU doesnt touch. Dont care.

all FU armor can be upgraded in some manner, via crucible, ancient anvil or transmutation matrix, for example.

You already can. If you can't you have incompatabilities or an outdated/illegal game client

8. um999

um999 Space Spelunker

I'm sorry, I was just trying to help.

I really hope I didn't waste any time of yours, I'm using the steam version so that might be it.

I'm not the best at bug reports, I just do them to help even if I only help a little, I hope my report about the races stuff did something even if it's just really cosmetic.

Again I'm sorry, I won't do any more reports and I hope you had a great christmas this year.

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

if you are using the steam version, then you can find the log like everyone else. There's really no excuse when the instructions are on the main page on Steam, as well as here. Either provide the log or literally nobody can help you. (additionally, incompatible mods are *also* listed on the mod pages)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  10. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Are there any plans down the line for genetic manipulation of creatures?

It would already be neat if a creature version of the tree cloning lab station was available where they are simply combined with random part contributions, but if you could actually pick the specific traits, abilities, and parts from various creatures to make into a new monsters then it'll be fantastic.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  11. um999

um999 Space Spelunker

Okay I know I'm a big dum dum that doesn't have any idea of what I'm doing but I have a visual error thing not really a bug but just a little error.

I don't know how to log this if I even can.

So it's a error with the spacesuit backpack, it doesn't have a visual augment slot but you still can put in augment.
    It still works but you just can't see the augment inside of the backpack.

You don't have to reply to this, just please look into it, it's a little thing I know.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

We've discussed it, and made a form of it for our bee revamp...which I'll somehow get the motiviation to add sooner or later. Its literally done, just needs the last-gasp of bullshit added in... the gruelling stuff. If it works as we want, it will certainly open the door to this being explored further.

Arti78 likes this.
  13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

14. KaluNaama

KaluNaama Seal Broken

Hi, first time poster here. Started playing Starbound just two days ago and heard about this Mod so I got it right away.

I just installed 5.6.3732 and started a new game, race human. What's up with walking in puddles of water, I go crazy fast. I get a huge boost in water to my run speed, why? Is this a bug or something? I have the noob uniform on, that's it. No perks of any kind.

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I'll investigate this as soon as you attach a log so I can actually see what you have installed.

I do suspect its a minor math derp on my side. a log is still needed just in case though. thanks.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  16. KaluNaama

KaluNaama Seal Broken

oh dude. where am I gonna get a log?

Here's the log.
    >install starbound in steam
    >download newest FU from github
    >play and wonder why water speeds you up
    errr.. yea. I just noticed, you have a new release :D
    thanks dude. Consider this case closed. I'm gonna play until morning tonight.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, should be fixed now. instructions for log are right on the main page for FU. Literally right at the top, dude.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  18. BPStuart

BPStuart Phantasmal Quasar

Not sure this is a Frackin universe bug, but after 1.4 all randomly generated firearms have stopped functioning. premade firearms like the Agisault pistol and the durasteel rifles all still work but the procedural weapons found in chests and used by town guards are all non functional.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Read the incompatible mods list, dude.

20. KaluNaama

KaluNaama Seal Broken

Sorry, might be a stupid question but how can I refuel my Mech, while inside it? Is that even possible? Seems I can't open the Mech Tablet in any way.
    Couldn't find an answer to this anywhere..

Sock_Bunny likes this.