1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

there may be an issue with the skath.
    if you use the defalt ship and upgrade it via the fake licences, you get the rooms, but not the outer ship background.
    this might be because i do not have the patch for the BYOS for FU (because i allways use the defalt ship for other races. not very good at the BYOS ships yet.)
    i cannot place blocks outside the ships rooms tho the rooms themselves are fine.
    she flies fine planet to planet tho i havent tried warping, but i think its just a visual bug. i might upgrade the whole ship to see if it stays once you finish the upgrade. if anything changes i will report it.

*edit
    i upgraded the ship up to the max and it stays rooms only. there is also one slot where you would normaly place a platform as floor. it has none of the yellow and black blocks that would normaly be there each upgrade. it will not accept any blocks or the platform and you cannot pass through it. i cannot remove any blocks ether.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

its not a bug. there is no finished art for the ship exterior at present.

3. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

Hey, I'm adding/will be adding a custom mech body to Squids in Space; hopefully that'll clean up the compatibility issues here.
    If there's any continued incompatibility between FU and Inklings, I'll keep an eye out and see if I can fix what happens in the future-- but for now, this should address the mech patching issue.

4. JoshGorosch

JoshGorosch Void-Bound Voyager

Hiya! I'm relatively new to Starbound and have next to no idea how coding works. Which means I can't figure out why I've been having a bug whilst trying to run Frackin Universe ever since the Starbound Bounty Hunter update. I've seen some people have the same problem as well, in which the game just seems to crash before it even reaches the menu screen. I've narrowed it down to be something to do with Frackin Universe (I think) by trying all of my different mods separately. Starbound launches just fine if I don't have FU in the mods folder, but it simply won't work with it present. I've also made sure to have what I think is the latest version of FU installed, downloaded from the link given on this forum and still nothing. Any way that you could help with this?
    And here's the log file of the most recent attempt, which had only FU in the mods folder.

Attached Files:

5. Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

@sayter ok, got it. Glad I started upgrading early before getting attached to the character then.

6. Unkalibriert

Unkalibriert Big Damn Hero

the log from JoshGorosch has this line:

[00:03:55.130] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /FrackinUniverse-master/monsters/generated/ground/largequadruped/largequadruped.partparams, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /FrackinUniverse-master/monsters/generated/ground/largequadruped/largequadruped.partparams

that file does not even exist, so I would wonder why the game tries to read it

7. Greywisp

Greywisp Space Hobo

Hello all, I am not sure if it bug or I am doing something wrong, but how do I unlock blueprint for anti-neutronium ? Wiki says that after I create standard neutronium I will receive blueprint for anti-neut. but I have nothing new at station is there a way to reinitialize adding that blueprint or something ? Thank you.

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

9. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Best part is prolly the crew mechs and kevin's tasks > w>

10. nefrem

nefrem Phantasmal Quasar

Clean Install 1.4.1 Gog version 32 bits - Today - 17h50 Paris meridian
    FrackinUniverse 5.6.348 (No other mod)

I'm unable to launch the game
    https://pastebin.com/E9FEmi9e

ditetej likes this.
  11. nefrem

nefrem Phantasmal Quasar

Tested on another pc and it works...
    Doesn't understand what happened but it's nothing to do with FU sorry.

12. ditetej

ditetej Poptop Tamer

Ah, it's rather refreshing to know for once that it wasn't just my potato toaster frying itself again...

13. ditetej

ditetej Poptop Tamer

oh wait....

damnit

14. UnknownLOL

UnknownLOL Master Chief

Found a minor but pretty annoying issue (must be related to Frackin Races, since it adds racial abilities). Whenever I deploy a mech either on planet or in space, and get out of it, my racial abilities are not applied to me until I teleport back to the ship. Mod setup is minimal - I don't have any mech or race related mods other than Frackin. The subject race is nightar, can't say if others are also affected.

This also happens on 5.6.346 and 5.2.46 versions of Frackin Universe and Races, so not related to recent updates.

Would be nice if somebody tested it. Thanks)

Edit:

Weapon related passives seem to be applied normally, at least nightar dark slash-thingy still works after leaving the mech. My guess is these abilities need to be checked by the script frequently (in case player switches weapons) and that's why.
    If the issue is confirmed, similar check could be implemented for all passives.

Other vehicles do not produce this issue. Looks like spawning inside the mech breaks some conditions or something.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  15. The Farlander

The Farlander Void-Bound Voyager

Hey all,
    Just a quick question: I completed the grand sovereign temple, claimed my reward, and noticed too late that my inventory was full when I beamed out, leaving the unique epp augment on the ground. When I teleported back to the ark, it was gone. Any way I can get it back, or just give myself the item with commands? I can't make a new one since it never ended up in my inventory and gave me the recipe, or else I'd so that instead. Any help in this is appreciated!

Edit: to clarify, I double checked and the item I lost/missed is the Wheel of Kluex, specifically.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  16. Catherine Franz

Yer done for 'bud

17. UnknownLOL

UnknownLOL Master Chief

Okay, found easy (and dirty) solution for the racial effects removal on entering mech problem (described above). Patch the "/vehicles/modularmech/modularmech.vehicle" file to remove the "statusimmunity" effect from mechs. This is vanilla thing btw, mechs remove all your status effects (modded or not) upon entering - use a long-lasting stim, enter mech, stim effect is gone never to return. I'm not sure if it may have any adverse effects, I'm gonna test it out I guess. Provided everything is ok, I may post it as a separate mod, since it is vanilla tweak and not Fracking problem.

18. Catherine Franz

That'll be great > w>

19. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

For some reason, every time I deploy my mech, the fuel gauge shows empty. It has fuel, it's just not visible. It only shows if I grab a fuel canister; depleting fuel does not accomplish that.

upload_2019-6-27_19-4-40.png

20. Catherine Franz

Show mech fuel tab > w>