1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Kirbyroth

Kirbyroth Pangalactic Porcupine

Well I finally achieved my goal of getting what I always wanted in a Loot box...another Loot box lol.

2. SSJDKCrew

SSJDKCrew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I must insist, sir.

Not just for fighting games.

Mooncalf99 likes this.
  3. SWhite

SWhite Void-Bound Voyager

I'm trying to change daylenght of terrestrial worlds

under the voice "daylengthrange" there are numbers like 800/4000. What do they represent exactly? Like a random range or night/day? How much corresponds to an IRL minute?

Thanks for your time

4. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I'm absolutely loving the new fossils, but they're far too big for even the large display stands and clip through other objects and blocks. Have you considered adding a properly sized display stand for them? (Huge? Gigantic?) I would absolutely love to have an Icthydaemonae fossil on display on my ship even if it's absurdly big, but I'd rather it didn't stick through walls.
    upload_2019-5-30_12-5-50.png

TheFloranChef and Arti78 like this.
  5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

translation: *Crying sounds*

sorry, no. Resource AFK nerfs are not going away.

If you want to make *real* suggestions go for it. Resource acquisition fixes are exempt from that video you posted. I've no idea what else you could be referring to, and you've given no indication.

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

then use the approriately sized base (one exists, I added it myself) and ensure it has room. its the size we wanted it to be :). If that huge base isn't appearing in crafting menus, I'm curious as to why, since it should be. I maybe forgot an unlock. I'll address that for the update today.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Arti78 likes this.
  7. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, it's not unlocked. But it's good to see it's accounted for, because that's exactly what I wanted :)

8. SSJDKCrew

SSJDKCrew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I already told you. I'm referring to the fact that automation means nothing in recent builds. The primary cause of this is the meager amount of power produced by even the best generators.

And BTW, I still have a copy of 5.4.13 on my computer, as well as a backup, so the only thing I'm missing out on is anything that's been added since then. Trust me; it's worth it.

Starbound is not a competitive game. It's a game about building and designing, and anything that prevents the player from designing what they want to is not conducive to that purpose. In fact, that stingyness with late-game items has been killing some other games recently too, but the only one crying about it is you.

In short, you should *never* give the player something cool, then take it away later, no matter what.

P.S.: "Factory" is a legitimate thing to build, just as "house" and "gun" are. I wonder if you have some other motive for being resistant to this option. Now, I'm not making any definite claims, you understand, but it seems to me that if you can't make factories or meaningful automation, people might have slightly more of a reason to buy Factorio if/when it gets a final release. Just sayin'. Respect is earned, not bestowed.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

except that the best generators provide ample power if you properly fuel them. We've no intent to increase the output because Quantum and Precursor generators are plenty as it is.

Old builds aren't worth it when new ones are superior. Especially given changes since the build you mention even just for optimization. Feel free to use an old, inferior build. No one is stopping you.

You absolutely should when over-use of the system was never intended in the first place is changing focus in ways you never intended gameplay to work, and have a 6-year deep pile of content to keep balanced with upcoming plans that directly impact the very system involved. We do what is best for our design goals, not what a small portion of the player base demand. I'd much rather give people more things to do and see than just have someone sitting still for 6 hours while machines crank out resources. Experiences are more rewarding.

Starbound is not intended to work like Factorio.

Automation was reduced intentionally: its overused and not the intent of the design. That, and there is a memory leak in the 64 bit client that is directly triggered by over-automation and we are not able to fix as it will require devs (who have been made aware of it but it is not likely to be fixed because it involves automation, which the game is not built to deal with and therefore is not their concern since it doesn't occur in vanilla. I'd not waste the dollars fixing it if I was them either).

Factories can still be utilized. You simply need to be more aware of how you use space and not go overboard, which is fine: you need to be present for any of it to run anyhow, and I want players exploring and experimenting, not AFK macroing!

(Note: You are under the impression I made the nerfs. I did not. They were instituted by the creator of the ITD system to deal with longstanding issues they've always intended to address eventually. Real life simply got in the way. This individual has total control over said content, and understands the intricacies involved with the system better than either you or I ever will. You can discuss with them if you would like to make suggestions on ways to improve things. If they are good suggestions, they'll be actively considered. You can talk to Kherae in the FU discord and see what happens. Kherae is effectively the Systems Manager for automation in the mod.)

Boshed, lordbociek and Arti78 like this.
  11. Locutus1546

Locutus1546 Space Hobo

First off, let me say... great mod. I've been having fun with it for a few months now.

Secondly, did something major change recently with the Item network? The reason I ask is because I had an item network set up through a terminal on a friend's server, which admittedly I hadn't played on for two weeks-ish and when we just played tonight (post 5.6.33 just for reference), I wasn't able to see any items at all on the terminal. Like none. I tried everything from creating a new container and connecting it to replacing the Terminal directly. I even tried it on my own server to no avail. The Terminal just won't display anything whether connected directly or through item relays. And as specified, this network was working the last time we played. I'm not sure if something major changed and I'm being a noob, or perhaps something broke with the latest release?

12. levmeister

levmeister Big Damn Hero

Ah, I came here to ask the same thing. It was working until I restarted starbound and the update kicked in, and now all of my terminals have stopped working as well... Something strange must have happened in the update. Ah well, I can go without for the moment.

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Yea, Terminal is a bug just introduced. I'll get the dev responsible to fix it up .

14. levmeister

levmeister Big Damn Hero

You guys are the best! Thanks for the quick response!

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

16. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

So, I got a question regarding the most recent update. If I don't update to the most recent version, will the toothbrushes still be feet clean?

You see, I just got these great toothbrushes recently, and I really don't want someones feet touching them. >-<

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

too late.

18. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

I mean, those toothbrushes weren't THAT great. '~'

I didn't want them anyways, I could always just get some new ones while at the store... -w-

19. Slemph

Slemph Space Hobo

Hi! I love this mod and i couldn't imagine to play without it. I never planned on gaming to be honest, so i sadly got the stupid idea of buying a mac. Welp, i'm glad that Starbound is still suited for mac's. And I know that others who did the same mistake of buying one have the same opinion. Now, i and well, every Mac player i know have some trouble lately. After some disscusions i found out we all have FU installed, and FU just got updated.

So I think your new update sadly broke something for mac's. It happens randomly, warping to a new planet or bases as example. Starbound just closes. To make everything easier, i got a log where i started starbound and immeadiately flew to a planet that has this problem and made my game crash (it's a Lush planet if that helps yikes).

Anyway, I know it's weekend, and I hope I'm not causing trouble. I tried reinstalling everything, made new characters but it just keeps on crashing. And I would rather not play Starbound at all than playing Starbound without FU. I hope you can find out what happend!

Attached Files:

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, its a mysterious one because the file in question wasnt even updated, so I have no clue why its mucking up like this. Very unusual.