1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 5.6.280

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

hrm. I dont recall doing that. Ill peek at it. Likely was an accidental inclusion.

2. ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ

ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ Void-Bound Voyager

I saw "ultronkum" in the extractionlab_recipes.config file.

3. Mayflower

Mayflower Aquatic Astronaut

Hey, I noticed a "bug" with Spears. If I attack again quickly after attacking, the spear will jab again but do no damage, I know this is because that was a faster attack than the weapon's actual attack speed but I was wondering if you can fix that because it throws me off when I fight and I end up doing a lot of attacks that do no damage. Sadly I can't hold the attack button to attack at the right times because that instead makes the spear stay out like a pokey stick.

4. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Existential Complex

Delta Freya bug: The Shoggoth disappeared after killing me, rendering the mission impossible to complete. Appears to have despawned.

I can't find any error messages about it in the log, although there's a lot of 'Could not load image asset' and 'Could not load audio asset' entries that probably aren't related. There's also countless repetitions of these two lines:

[17:22:22.758] [Info] Protected dungeonIds for world set to (65524)
    [17:22:22.758] [Info] Protected dungeonIds for world set to (0, 65524)

...repeated over and over and over and over, from the start of mission to until I left. For this reason I can't Paste a log - file size exceeded.

Additionally, I noticed another problem with the microsphere tech chain: because the microsphere doesn't need to be crafted anymore, it doesn't unlock the bomb microsphere, which means you can't get it or the spider microsphere anymore.

Hope these issues can be addressed soon.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

that has nothing whatsoever to do with FU.

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

known issue. we'll eventually address it. In the meantime, you simply have to let the instance reset for it to reappear.

um.... no. That's not a bug. You get distortionsphere 2 from the vanilla distortionsphere quest, since the FU introductory dungeon on the lush planet gives you the first distortion sphere. Once you get that outpost quest done, you get access to the normal spheres. If this didnt happen, you have something incompatible installed mucking with questlines.

7. Isaacgaret

Isaacgaret Poptop Tamer

Same here. Somehow unlocking Microsphere in vanilla way doesn't unlock the MicroBomb Blueprint.
    For now I just unlock it with /admin.

8. Magnetzz

Magnetzz Space Hobo

I had FU installed on a previous server but It was giving us problems. I rented a CreeperHost Server and reinstalled everything onto it. Now whenever I go to start a new game with a new world and character im getting an error that says "Exception caught in the client main loop (Mapexception) Index 62 out of range. I cannot for the life of me figure this out

https://pastebin.com/mig9kqRN

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

i cant replicate the issue, so im guessing its a mod compatability issue.

10. Isaacgaret

Isaacgaret Poptop Tamer

Just made a speedrun with only the FU. The issue was still there.
    I didn't unlock either the Microsphere Blueprint or the Microbomb Blueprint when I completed all the tech missions, get some Telebrium Bar, get some Trianglium Pyramid, or learn Microsphere using Tech Card.
    What's worse, I can't craft techs I already learned, making it impossible to unlock the Blueprints. Even with the mighty /admin.
    edit: My FU version is 5.6.279, with the Quagmutt update yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

pretty weird that nobody else has reported the issue, then. (literally nobody else)

ill make a note to investigate. its a super-minor issue regardless.

edit: i went in and changed its prereq to the first distortionsphere, since everything requiring that one seem fine. i also increased its recipe requirements since it was far too early-game than it should have been.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  12. Mayflower

Sorry to bother you again with this... but FU has fixed/changed/added many things about Starbound right? Would this not also be doable? Or is it from some mod maybe but I don't have any mods altering weapons or anything. and I didn't think FU left vanilla bugs unfixed, sorry!

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

its not a bug in the first place. thats how they are designed to work, to prevent spamming attacks.

14. Mayflower

Oh I see! That seems a little odd though, that you could spam attack it at all. I was just wondering if it was possible to make it not "attack" faster than its supposed to?
    I guess I can use other weapons that don't have the issue but I never really used spears before and I suddenly like them its weird

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

spears are not speed weapons. they are precision weapons :)

16. Mayflower

I don't mean to be a pest but that didn't really tell me anything. I know they aren't speed weapons. Basically what I'm trying to say is every time I click, it attacks when there is >supposed< to be a delay from it attacking.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

i still have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about. Spears work fine, and always have. I've changed nothing about them, and have no intention of altering them. When you click attack, they attack and cause damage. If you hold the button, they hold out , as intended, to keep enemies at bay.

18. Isaacgaret

Isaacgaret Poptop Tamer

You can try mashing the Attack button at a very high speed. (about 5 hits per sec, faster than the spear's rate of fire)
    Oddly this can make the spear attacks have the "supposed" delay.
    At least this works for me.

19. Isaacgaret

Isaacgaret Poptop Tamer

Errrr......
    The Tier 7 Disrupter Rifle......
    When it overheats it will let out a SUPER LOUD AND CREEPY sound. (Really the gun IS a disrupter LOL)
    I wonder if that sound's volume can be reduced by a bit.
    edit: It seems that the overheat sound I heard is a same sfx being played multiple times.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

interesting...so you hear it. on my end it wasnt playing it so i was having issues in testing. a simple timer to the sound would likely do the trick.