1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. wolf warstorm

wolf warstorm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

had a small problem when FrackinUniverse-5.6.260, 2 quests would not complete. fist was the scan the outpost quest and the other was the "rebuilding reputations" . when I clicked on track quest both said return to ester but she didn't have a icon and only offered me mints (nice but not helpful). the description for rebuilding reputations said to talk to penguin pete but he didn't have a icon and when clicked only opened his shop window. everything else seems to work but im stuck here.

will let you know if the update fixes the problem

im using smol availi not sure if that makes must of a difference but the do tend to run under certain triggers

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

3. wolf warstorm

wolf warstorm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

found the problem. I was using the return to earth mod, it was causing issues

4. nickdos

nickdos Void-Bound Voyager

Can you make this modular? I like most things but the new weapons are really obnoxious and unbalanced, the game even lags when I encounter dungeons with enemies with them

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

nope. Modular is never happening. Months of work for no benefit.

Also, weapons aren't unbalanced. If you look into their files they use the identical stat patterns/tiers to vanilla weapons. The issue is likely that you have a racial weakness to certain element types, and they hit harder than they otherwise would as a result. Resistances are very important.

as for the lag: your setup is to blame. I don't experience this issue. Turn off vsync in your config file, and perhaps try the 32 bit, rather than the 64 bit, client. That said, if you find weapons *far* too good for NPCs to have, mention it and I can take a look. Some are over-equipped on purpose....some are not.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  6. verilligo

verilligo Tentacle Wrangler

Are you sure that you're not using the Github version of WA? I ask because 6 days ago the Github version had a lot of deletions made to the mod for some reason.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

8. Moonspinner

Moonspinner Space Hobo

So the new changes to honey production. You have to choose between making jarred honey or producing materials? You don't get both from the same setup? Or am I missing something I'm supposed to do with the wiring?

9. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

The prior one. The change was made to make it more clear how the Honey Jarring Machine works, and it also now works as a standalone machine, separate from the Centrifuge.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can someone help me with a questions about the feeding of livestock. In the past I have just pressed Q to toss some cattle feed on the ground, and it disappears after a bit, but the fluffalos and cows are still just as hungry. Am I doing it wrong, or do I need to toss down more?

Thank you.

12. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Toss more. Best to set up a farm for the food they'll need, and look into making a trough for them.

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

perhaps doing the in-game tutorials in your tricorder, as instructed, would help you figure out how to *actually* feed your livestock.

Farming livestock was completely reworked a few months back. They will no longer eat crap off the ground.

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

The matteritem patch file hasn't been updated since last year (on May 4, 2017). Nothing in FU broke that file in the last updates. There is no "change" to revert. Please, more thoroughly check things before assuming its my fault. Take care.

15. Moonspinner

Moonspinner Space Hobo

I dunno... I can't see myself using it much at all now, since I probably need materials more than honey jars (since I mostly just sell those). It was already an essential part of my setup; now it's "probably don't bother with it".

Still, it's always a good idea to change things up and see how it turns out. I'll give it a try.

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Long story short, 99% of players had no fucking clue how to use it. So we made it easily understood. It was the only station in the mod that required another station attached to it, which didn't help matters.

Honey Jars are *super useful* as healing items, too.

17. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sayter, I was wondering if you could answer a question. Some time ago when fracking Universe was update, the Dark Cave dungeon was moved to the surface of the starting planet instead of being inside the mine. Why was that change made?

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Because it was the right choice.

Arti78 likes this.
  19. DarkBirdo

DarkBirdo Phantasmal Quasar

Where do we get the:
    madness resource
    precursor resource
    Atom Smasher

20. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

1. You will get what you need when you have progressed to the point where it becomes used once it's ready for the sacrifice in the tech tree, which is not finished yet.
    2. Find Precursor sub-biomes.
    3. Search many, many, many biome and dungeon chests. Not telling which ones might have a higher likelihood.