1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Picking up my first protocite bar unlocks a PGI recipe, due to the "protominer" not existing as a recipe anymore.

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

3. Mr_Monday

Mr_Monday Space Hobo

What unlocks the Phaser recipe? Nothing seems to do so. Is it a pickup?

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

hmm seems i forgot that :) thx

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Alright so it seems a few items/sets that modify fall damage are a bit borked at the moment.

When you use the tricorder to check the percentage of fall damage you'll receive without these items it's a 100% as normal, when having a full set of bone-steel it sets that percentage in tricorder to 25% instead of 75% as it should as per its set bonus. With the iron shield raised it's supposed to take away 20% of fall damage, but as per the tricorders stats it actually increases fall damage by 20%. And the invader set is the strangest of all, once that is on I won't receive any fall damage at all on "normal" planets, even on dense planets I get very minimal damage even though its stated set bonus doesn't take away that much fall damage. If I remember correctly I think the rifter set suffers the same thing.

Not game breaking, just weird.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thx. will peek at that when i can.

8. TLH

TLH Big Damn Hero

Is It Okay if You Can Add the Lopunny Race to The FU BYOS Patch Please?

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

They haven't been updated since 2015. No.

10. OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50 Big Damn Hero

On the Engineering Bench crafting station. One can "upgrade" the Solus Broadsword into a Solus Katana. However the Katana has roughly 9 less DPS.

Frackin Universe is the only mod I use. it's the best after all. Was this a oversight with the damage value because of materials being used for less attack power seems like a minor issue. Unless the weapon has some other benefit I am not realizing that exists that makes upgrading it into the Katana worthwhile. I know this is probably not a high priority on the fix list, but I just wanted to bring it to your attention. Have a pleasant day.

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

This is not a problem or a bug, nor does it need a fix. It is also not an oversight.

The issue is simpler than you think: Stop using DPS as the sole means to determine a weapons worth. DPS means very little when you simply look at the number and ignore the rest of the stats the weapon gives you and assume its "weaK" (which is what you are doing).

Let's look at the facts, instead:

Firstly, the broadsword has a total of a 3 hit combo. The katana has 8 or so.

23.9 x 3 vs 14.5 x 8 (71.7 vs 116). This means the Katana already outshines the broadsword by a rather large margin once you count the combo strikes. You should always be able to hit with at *least* two, and if you hit with the third, the third hit does 1.2x damage compared to the first and second. (the damage multiplier for the base tier of 4, also, is 2.5. So multiply the above damage by that and now we have comparable damage at:

Broadsword: 179.25 damage
    Katana: 290 damage

Next: Katana is not the same as a broadsword in how it operates, either and isn't really comparable to a broadsword in the first place. It does lower overall damage because it doesn't *need* higher damage as that would make it extremely OP. This is the case with all katanas.

Next: the Katana has two additional "versions" as you continue to upgrade it in the crucible when you find them. This, all combined, makes it a superior option to the Broadsword. It's fully-upgraded self is amazing.

Upgrade 1 adds extra damage, increased strike speed, and additional projectiles on the alt attack. The Broadsword in no way gets these.

Upgrade 2 adds even more, and even more projectiles on the alt. The Broadsword in no way gets these.

So yea, stop thinking DPS is all that matters. It isn't. Try before you judge, basically.

bottom line:

Katana: lots of hits, lower *per hit* higher end damage
    Broadsword: less combo, more damage

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Devintrainer likes this.
  12. AuroraSnowfall

AuroraSnowfall Subatomic Cosmonaut

@sayter please fix that amount of planets https://i.imgur.com/TNzO3mp.png i understand you wanted to make it realistic, but holy f*ck even on 8GB pc i got 3fps!
    may you reduce planet density,
    it could add some fps to them

13. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Star density is what affects FPS in the cockpit window, not planet density. The answer is still No.

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

The density has not been changed or adjusted since before 1.0 launched. It's fine.

15. hsojbm123

hsojbm123 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I'm on the part of the first cave quest with the fluffy dude to repair the ship. I'm stuck on the final part of "Locate the energy source in the cavern". I got the ball and super jump tech and I am going towards the compass but there is no path to it. I also can't mine blocks there. Can someone please help me?

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

You said you have the ball tech? Then use it and squeeze through.

If you don't, backtrack and find it. It's in the dungeon.

17. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Picked up a bunch of errors, as specified in this log: https://pastebin.com/JqM08qP5

Some missing reference in the biohazard crewmember files: When I returned to my ship, mine spontaneously died, which I've come to recognize as a response to broken queries.

Repeated mentions of missing the key 'powerhammer' in mech stuff. Don't know what that is.

Apparently, something tried to instantiate a "quantumextractor_roof", but it doesn't exist anymore. Seems like grabbing some xithricite tries to teach the recipe to it.

The "cutarrh-recipe" is a vanilla error, because the "blueprint in slimeblob" asset isn't supposed to actually be used.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

biohazard...not sure whats up there. That crew is using the vanilla crew member as his base. Sounds like a mod conflict. No other similar reports. Can't tell any more since you didn't give me the entire log.

powerhammer is likely due to another mod conflict, specifically a mechpart related issue. No other similar reports. Can't tell any more since you didn't give me the entire log.

xith: yep, exactly. will fix this.

19. nico35678

nico35678 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am having an issue with Frackin Universe
    I am aware of the questline needed to properly start the game, but oddly, even after regenerating the first planet 3 times, the structure where the alien gives you the tricorder doesnt spawn at all. I did search on the entire surface of the planet but nothing at all.
    I kinda need help cuz i am totally stuck right now.

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

You have something conflicting with game-start in FU, then.