1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

i just wanted to know why i have Two Character stats and two ! in my quickbar.
    i have MMM mod and spawnable item pack and wardrob?
    are those the problem?

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

*shrug* Don't know, don't care. I have the master copies and that doesn't happen. So it must be related to something on the user-end of things.

Arti78 likes this.
  3. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

I've been meaning to ask, sayter, but was is the machine in your profile pic? Looks like something FU might eventually have or did have but was changed into what we're familiar with today.

Also, any chance of a backpack series that enables flight? A jetpack maybe for a technological path and actual wings for a bio-engineering path?

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thats the old Gene Lab.

And no, I will not be adding flight packs. You have at least 4 flight techs already in FU.

5. SubmarineKnight

SubmarineKnight Starship Captain

Hello again, this time I have a question about weapon crit and bonus damage. When the weapons are upgraded, the numbers also increased. Is the: actual damage = weapon's tooltip damage + Bonus damage?

What about critical %, does each weapon have critical chance by default? How much is the critical bonus damage?

The reason I am curious is because recently I've been trying out "Grinder" weapon - the one with 0.3 damage and 100 rate of fire. I find it odd that after short burst, the weapon can deal huge numbers like "42" or "86" all of the sudden where the normal damage varies but mostly single digits. The critters can suddenly dies when that happen.

I have a feeling that it might be the game lagged and register then entire damage at once, hence the big numbers but idk.

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

This is already on the weapon tooltip. I don't see how you could possibly have missed it.

Actual damage is the listed damage x the level modifier (for instance, at tier 7 the modifier is x4, while tier3 is 2.0). So if you are a tier 3 weapon that does 5 base DPS, then your actual computed damage might be 5 x 2.0 = 10. However, this can also be affected by energy use, fire rate and other factors (resistances, etc).

The Crit Bonus Damage is only applied as a flat value, and only if you crit.

That is the most likely answer. It does merge damage values computed over the same tick pretty reliably.[/QUOTE]

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

8. LukeThePotato

LukeThePotato Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, uh, I got a bit of a problem. I can't seam to finish the first quest "Getting Started". I've already defeated Mama Poptop and opened the Outpost portal 3 times. Esther didn't have anything for me either. And after closing the game and re-opening my save file, this happens
    [​IMG]
    Can you help me?

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Not unless you follow the instructions on the main page for reporting issues. This is likely conflicting mod. I have never seen this happen, ever.

10. K4Why

K4Why Space Spelunker

Don't know if I'm just stupid but the tech guy in the outpost where I can get the FU tech displays that I have 0 research when trying to get dodge or dodge II (I have dodge already) even though I have 3.5k research according to my tricorder. Am I missing something?

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

no, thats my bad. now i remember why the hell i had it useing research voxels instead. will revert that.

12. SubmarineKnight

Sayter, about the erchius converter, can you consider increasing the conversion volume? Or maybe allow us to upgrade it to convert larger volume?
    For example, instead of:
    1 Plutonium rod -> 1 Quantum Fluid
    we can have
    10 plutonium rod -> 10 Quantum fluid

I find myself getting bottlenecked more often lately. That is, I have ton of the resources but to convert it to essence takes a very long time (AFK/Set up watcher while exploring new planet, etc).

I hope you can consider it, the resources requirement is the same; it just process faster/bigger volume. Maybe?

Similarly, I want to ask for the increase in crunchy chicken conversion as well. Instead of 1 to 5, maybe 50 to 250. So if I decide to trade pixels for essence, it won't take forever - not to mention the need to hunt for multiple erchius converters to make the process bearable, which needs a lot of luck.

13. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

what i do to get essence is find an aether sea and use 2-3 gas centfuges on it with denseium pumps filling them up. not only do i get essence i get liquid protocite as well.

14. lordbociek

lordbociek Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah about the converters/extractors it feels like time phishing. why not make them to extract quickier based on extractor lvl,- less resources -within some hundrests hours playing with FU 15% of the time is the extraction time- wtf- sorry ,English its not my best

15. SubmarineKnight

A full stack of 1000 aether only nets you like, 20 essence though. It is much easier to find Elder fluid sea (probably the hardest part at this point), get 2-3 centrifuge (add more as you please), which nets you Plutonium - hook it to arc smelter and you get near infinite plutonium rod (depending on your setup).

1 plutonium rod = 8 essence in erchius converter. Much faster. Side bonus : Alien compound, unstable particle, uranium. Sell for profit in space station etc etc. Haven't found any better setup.
    Also, when you have set this up, the hardest part is the Converter itself. You'd want to have at least 5-10 for good rate; which takes a long time to find, RNG. Even by the time you get 10, most likely, you have surplus of Plutonium rod which, you can't immediately convert to essence.

Upgrading usually takes 16k from level 7-8, much more if you want lower levelled weapon. Terraforming cost 15k (I have yet to give it a shot - look at that cost). with 10 converter like mine, you convert 80 essence per second (actually two I think?). So yes, a lot, lot of waiting around if you like to upgrade them like me (if you stick to one or two, it isn't so bad, but well... variety).

The thing, is, even if you try bypassing the requirement of erchius converter by converting pixel to essence, that is, buying crunchy chick (dat price though) you still can't. It's actually worse, because it convert 1 chick to 5 essence one by one. So you still need a lot of erchius converters to make it bearable. And with my setup, I really amass tons of pixels, which I want to convert to essence if possible (without the need to farm or wait for erchius converters).

Hence, why I think it would be nice to change or to be able to upgrade the converter to high volume version (with precursor materials maybe) to make the process a lot faster.

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Nope. That defeats the purpose, and makes getting essence way, way too easy. It's this speed for a reason.

Nope. I already nerfed it substantially because the machine was never intended to be a way to cheese so hard.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

They do. They also spit out more resources at higher levels (extractors do, that is). The others do not require it and are fine as is.

I am getting sick of needing to explain this: FU is not, and never will be, an automation mod. Stop trying to make massive farms of automated things. Starbound handles it very, very poorly. lol.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

and that's the intended route. Essence should not be easy to obtain. There are no plans to adjust this rate.

Consequently, that's exactly why the rate is as low as it is. No change is coming here.

19. EthaneSlinger77

EthaneSlinger77 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I ran into the same problem with Wrexor Nar dropping a PGI instead of the Stormwarden.

And though I haven't checked yet, i'll bet the one I have in a chest has also turned into a PGI.

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

If you updated, that wont be the case. This has been fixed.