1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Yep, BYOS adds to the game, doesn't take away. I like having that option, and I've even had a few non-BYOS ships made, just to see how one of the newer races I picked up built ships. Still a fan of the Floran default ships.

TheTraveller999 and Ickura like this.
  2. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

i just wish it was possable to make a ship and give it to a friend who could use it.

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

4. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm getting an Eof error when explorer some mushroom/Floran dungeon. Orginally I figured it was just the first one I entered, but later I entered a different one and got the same error somewhere within the dungeon.

I can't figure it out, but here is a log for anyone else who can.

Attached Files:

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

pastebin it, please.

6. Natural Aura

The File is larger then the pastebin cap for non-members should I cut off some of it? (Sry, hanv't used pastebin b4, tho it seems fairly simple.)

I've figured out how to get unstuck (Zoom in, dur), but yeah a certain portion of the dungeon is inaccessible. And the smallest version of the starbound.log I can make is about 580kb... I got a moderate amount of mods...

I just created two parts to it, honestly not sure why I hadn't thought of that sooner.

https://pastebin.com/Tr5wL71Y
    https://pastebin.com/2HFFhsc7

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Like the three billion other people in the last two weeks: Your issue is Improved Food Descriptions. Remove that first and foremost, for the time being. I imagine they'll have a patch up soon to fix the incompatibility with FU. It's nothing I can do.

The eof thing, sadly, could be any number of things and the logs never tell you what. Either its a weapon you, the npcs or a friend is carrying, or the world itself had a generation error.

8. Natural Aura

Huh, honestly forgot I even had the mod installed. Sorry about that, I'd even read some of those previous comments and everything, I'd mistaken it as a food rot dot bug. :nuruconfused:

9. K4Why

K4Why Space Spelunker

Since the 5.6.235 update a legendary grenade launcher I had was turned into a perfectly generic item. I assume this happened because of this change: "converted numerous ranged weapon animation files into a single all-purpose file. This shouldn't impact you, but you might experience a eof once before it rights itself." Nothing drastic just letting you know. I probably shouldn't have to worry about anything else turning into a perfectly generic item.
    Love the mod thank you very much for your hard work everyone who contributed to this amazing mod.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. abstract_blue

abstract_blue Space Spelunker

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

and you're going to have more , if you keep running starbound with conflicting mods. Improved Food Descriptions is going to cause issues.

Besides that, looks like its a duplicate item name (mobiuspistol) related to another mod you have. I've no idea what mod has the same ID for that weapon, so you're going to have to investigate that part on your own.

Finally, in the future please at least briefly describe your issue. "I have a problem" doesnt exactly entice me to rush and help.

13. TrueGota

TrueGota Big Damn Hero

Luckily, I don't have a problem, just a curious question. Will the Kirhos have more stuff added for them? Like scan object text, ship parts etc. I still like my Kirhos and don't want to replace her but I was wondering about that.

14. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Was going to say something about the vertical door you get trapped in but noticed the update notes and discarded the texts that stated the issue.

Otherwise I just want to say that if you play a floran and have the frackin races mod and have a bow, which is almost always because hunting becomes your main priority as one in survival, then you could speed past every single doorway that requires you to have the dash tech to bypass it with the speed bonus you receive from FR while being a floran and having a bow in your hands. Also not game-breaking, was actually happy that I could do this, but perhaps replace the short dash with something similar to the sprint tech as I'd imagine that would make it harder for exploits like this to happen.

15. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

SkyeTheTerribleBeastie Pangalactic Porcupine

Ok, so, I ran into the very same issue plenty of people have reported- so I did the obvious thing and just removed IFD.
    BAM
    Suddenly the Lab Directory shows everything.
    Thanks Sayter and the team or whatnot for all your hard work on this amazing pack.

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

the plan is actually to just move the normal Dash tech to there instead. I don't care much that increased speed makes the puzzle trivial, as it is a problem with the current Dash quest anyhow. not really a big deal :)

17. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I defeated Wrexus Nar, and instead of dropping the Stormwarden, he dropped a PGI. In the log, I got this entry:

[15:51:36.776] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /items/active/weapons/ranged/unique/blistergun.animation, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /items/active/weapons/ranged/unique/blistergun.animation

// gibberish //

Caused by: (AssetException) No such asset '/items/active/weapons/ranged/unique/blistergun.animation'

// gibberish //

[15:51:36.789] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[stormwarden, 1, {}]'. (AssetException) Error loading asset /items/active/weapons/ranged/unique/blistergun.animation​

After some more code digging, I've discerned that you at some point renamed the blistergun.animation file to fugun.animation, which is the asset that the actual blistergun now uses, but forgot that the Stormwarden used the same asset and didn't change that as well. Please correct for the benefit of other players.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thanks. easily fixed.

And you don't need to say "please correct". When have I ever *not* fixed issues when pointed out?

19. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Well, you have yet to correct the error with dragon herb plants not giving any seeds, even though I've pointed it out twice before. (treasure/cropharvest.treasurepools.patch, line 778, specifically.)

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

And I am not a fixer-upper robot, with many other priorities that are vastly more important than a seed. But yes. :) I'd actually forgotten about it. Corrected for next update.