1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.3

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

2. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A question, how hard is it to add your own tracks to the music player's playlist? I saw instructions for making other mods compatible, but that requires having a mod to begin with. It'd be nice to be able to listen to some Depeche Mode or AC/DC while wandering around. Is there a "blank" template mod or something to add personal stuff with?

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

nope. You'd need to make a addon mod of your own for it.

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. Maracna

Maracna Void-Bound Voyager

Just a thing; seems like The Sallok and FU use the same name for the crankgun for the archives. I will also warn the sallok developer about that.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

8. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

So I see some BYOS stuff popping up in FU.... does that mean I can unsub from BYOS?

Additionally I've been making ship parts for some time now and using Madtulip's Ship Mod as the framework to have them in. But I've not got the time to add all the coding stuff needed to fully implement all the parts into the mod properly. Would you be interested, sayter, in having it set up as a contribution type thing? What's your thought on fully customization ships of this caliber?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think the coupling of FU tech and my ship parts makes for some really awesome ship abilities. So what do you think?
    I've just not got the time to do the coding back end, but keep getting requests for me to release the parts... never enough time.

Saint Apollyon likes this.
  9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I'd love tons of parts, which we do have plans for. I do not, however, simply want to copy shit. If you want to code *new* things that are not just copying that mod verbatim, yes. Anything made from vanilla assets is another matter entirely. Vanilla stuff: go crazy.

MadTulips is still updated and used by many, and does not have a posting here anymore that I can see. It is on steam, and the assets do not appear to be stated as open to all. Besides, making original stuff is cooler.

or did I misread that like an idiot?

Yes, I think I did. I think you are offering Original Content as contributions. In which case, 100% yes, I will.

10. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Yeah, I'm simply using Madtulip's mod as a skeleton to put my custom parts into. The parts themselves are custom edits of Starbound artwork, ship artwork, and other things. I just am wasting so much time doing the coding backend that I'm getting frustrated with it. Did I mention I hate coding? Yeah....
    But the artwork will all be available. PM me how you want it delivered.... and any custom stuff you may want as well ;)

Lordqwer1989 likes this.
  11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

well, the best case is to use the FU discord contributions channel or submitting pull requests directly to the Github build.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

14. Nightmaster

Nightmaster Pangalactic Porcupine

15. Nightmaster

Nightmaster Pangalactic Porcupine

I am in love with that ship. How you made it? What mod?

16. whipping post

whipping post Cosmic Narwhal

is there any possibility of maybe shrinking the size of the FTL drive? One of the best parts of building your own ship is.. well, being able to fully customize it. i personally don't use crew and greatly prefer a smaller spacecraft, and i've had to nearly double the size of my ship just so it'll move. vanilla ships have no such FTL restriction so i don't see the logic in forcing a specific allotment of space. It's unfairly limiting and almost punitive to players like me who don't want a flying fortress.

It's a very minor thing, and i'm certainly enjoying the rest of the mod, but itd be absolutely phenomenal if we had maybe a few size options. hell, implementing them as afterburners that you affix to the outside of the ship would fix that issue.

thank you for reading, and i hope my requests make sense

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

no worries. We'll be adding tons of things and I have no qualms adding smaller options that are functionally identical.

18. Darkralts

Darkralts Starship Captain

in the future, BYOS-------->BYOMS, bouild you own mother ship!!! :rofl:

Idea: add a station that collects the waste that is made when using fuel when traveling, and this can be centrifuged and get some reagents?

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

the extractor, you mean? had that for 4 years.....

20. whipping post

whipping post Cosmic Narwhal

dude, awesome. i'll keep an eye on the patchnotes