1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

Thats why I always protest whenever something is really rare yet also required for some high end stuff. See vanilla starbound has it right with the ancient vaults; there is always an amount of ancient essence and while the dungeon is random and so is the boss, it's player skill that matters. The only issue with those vaults is how randomly you may get the "ingredients" for the vault keys. But precursor dungeons there are no like tools to find them or no good hints, and the "Precursor" mini biome doesn't really count. It's I'm guessing a 1% chance. Which is insanity and artificial difficulty/longevity. The only time RNG is good in a video game, is if it becomes RIGGED in the players favor after x amount of time like in Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls: The less often you play the exponentially higher your legendary drop rate becomes until one drops, and each legendary drop decreases the % but also the more time goes in between legendary drops the higher the % increases. That keeps the player playing and helps keep it fun.

Heres my advice: Find a way of making precursor dungeons easier to find wherever they are. I see Starbound is adding a bounty system, I hadn't checked the details as much but I'm gonna guess it brings up dungeons on planets you hadn't gone to. If thats the case, add missions in the game which send players directly to them, just make them also add dangerous enemies in there the player has to deal with so it's skill and not luck based.

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Can you please stop about precursor stuff already? I have stated *repeatedly* that we have things in the works for them and that it will be addressed. I am getting rather sick of repeating it ad infinitum. Each time you bring it up, I get angrier about it.

3. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

Ok I apologize, well i look forward to them in the future.

4. container7799

container7799 Big Damn Hero

error log
    [link removed]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2017
  5. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

Hey what's a tear nut?
    Nuts take a long time to rot, no?
    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

fascinating. Not clicking your unknown russian link. use pastebin as requested please.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2017
    NeoslayerX likes this.
  7. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

Anyway to @sayter, I was wondering if you could improve some of the art for post-mined ores and the, uh, items with the green outline and such? (I'm quite new to FU, sorry.)

Neptunium could have a bit of a change too, it looks like a giant "N".

"Shhhh.. Be vewy vewy quiet."
    I love that one

8. Hen

Hen Big Damn Hero

9. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

planet generation error. delete its worldfile.

11. Hen

Hen Big Damn Hero

Ok thank you. Found a space ship with a nice boss on it. Got 15 DNA samples by killing him.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

bad luck! usually they drop something decent.

NeoslayerX likes this.
  13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

I've had that error while I was on an erchius moon on a junk biome. I had to pause as soon as I got in the game, so I could unamused after and quickly beam up. I was scared, almost lost my character. It was a while back so nothing to worry about now..

Also still waiting for a response :p

15. SpazDiesFirst360.0

SpazDiesFirst360.0 Phantasmal Quasar

Found an impressive sword dropped by some random guy.
    20171009190436_1.jpg 20171009190447_1.jpg
    Decent work!

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

already gave one. delete the worlds file.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Allright, I'm off for the week. Will be back sunday/monday

18. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

Wrong guy!
    Sssilly human!
    I was talking about art.

19. frostkag

frostkag Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please excuse me for bad English (use translator). I'm a Linux user, as in windows I do not know, did not check. The logs are written to the error is referring to .wav file.
    There is a small error in file ' /objects/crafting/eggstra/farmclock/farmclock.object - "soundEffect" : "/sfx/objects/clock_loop.wav" !!! need .ogg.
    Thank you if you fix this little misunderstanding.

20. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

Sorry to break it to ya, but he said hell be on next sunday/Monday.
    Also he prefers pastebin site and spoilers.
    If he responds to you then he's probably ignoring me, I can relate.