1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

um... the only difference you notice is the HUD? Are you blind? Go to a Fungal planet right now. Look at the parallax and plants.

I've completely redone the entire parallax from scratch, and added 21 new ground plants.

but yea, the Wastes is updated pretty frequently to adjust for inconsistencies. Juuuust about perfect now. But I still can't help with damage balance for every single weapon type. I should probably go through and lower the damage on the Expanded Generation weapon types thhough because you arent wrong: some are absurdly good. a 2s waiting time means little with it does 900 damage

Umbra420 likes this.
  2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. RedCore22

RedCore22 Void-Bound Voyager

Mind adding support to the Inklings, making them as capable in their gunplay as a squadron of Novakids, at the cost of being very weak against water?

Pros - High skill in all gun weapons (Inkling-Built or otherwise), high damage bonus with machine pistols and Splatlings, high fire rate bonuses with shotguns and sniper rifles, and high crit chance bonuses with rifles and pistols. Damage boost with Two-Handed melee weapons. Gains a 80% Speed Boost when slimed, and has a "Slimy Reflection" AUG, giving perma-slime

Cons - Becomes very weak when within water or when having the Wet status (50% less health, 50% less max energy and 50% more energy charge delay)

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Inklings, as per that mod authors request, are not in FR. Furthermore, that mod completely *breaks* FrackinRaces now due to how it handles effects. If you have Inklings in, you cannot have FR in any more.

6. RedCore22

Ah...

7. Cryogeist

Cryogeist Void-Bound Voyager

I just spent roughly 8 minutes laughing at this... It's a strange sea planet I happened across
    [​IMG]
    Yes that is an ocean of honey on top of another separate ocean of lava
    Thank you, sayter... Please never stop surprising me in ways like this.

EDIT: OKAY I WENT A BIT TO THE RIGHT AND FOUND THIS... HELP ME I'M DYING
    [​IMG]
    I'm immune to poison, but not laughter.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    Arti78 likes this.
  8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Liquid likes to behave strangely lol

9. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Something I've wondered about... what exactly does zero-g immunity do? As far as I could tell it doesn't really do anything, unless it protects me from the gravitational pulls of those densinium worms then by all means keep it on.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

not too much at the moment. Zero-G is unreliable to control at present. Instead, if makes you immune to the old Asteroid effect (likely pointless at present) and in most such armors case, adds a slight downward pull

for instance, jump with Spacefarer on a gravity planet. then take the armor off and do the same. youll notice you take more fall damage with it on because of higher gravitational pull.

we'll address it eventually, but I am not in a giant rush. 1.4 is apparently giving us more API control for modding, and I am hoping gravity is among the things I get more control on. Basically right now I can remove all of gravity-null effects, but one: the "my legs are bent and swimmy" part. Which means even if i reduce drag, you still cant actually make physical contact with the ground...making all the edits effectively useless.

11. RedCore22

Couldn't you make it to where it just "stabilizes gravitational pull and impact", negating fall damage?

12. @ndy

@ndy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi!...
    got a crash... after scaning car wreck?

and upon getting in loads everything but planet (blocks), then crash

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

nothign to do with scanning. just a corrupted planet file.

delete that planets worldfile from the starbound/universe folder. itll be the most recently update worldfile

14. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

Not everyone has access to the internet long enough to download your large mod which is updated so frequently ;_;

15. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Exceptional Honeycombs cannot be centrifuged.

Also, one of the Miniknog space station encounters is lacking a mech beacon. It's the one with the tall tower and cannon-like thing.

And another thing: Every time I start a new character, the ship on the launch pad is always the human one, regardless of my character's race. It's not a big issue, but it spoils my immersion a bit. Especially since, as far as I can tell, it's caused by adding Kevin hanging around for some reason. Sorry to say, but he's not that interesting.

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

i don't see how adding an NPC, which doesn't touch or affect the ship in any manner whatsoever, would be the cause of that issue. That's all I did in that mission. Plunked him in there. So I don't think that's the issue, and it may not be FU related at all. It could be, but it might not be :)

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Well, what I mean is...you can't very well report a bug in an older version that is likely already fixed :) Especially without a log that would show me the error in the first place. I always need the log. Please note the very first thing on the mods overview page.

18. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Sorry, my mistake - I made a wrong assumption. Turns out a beta race mod I'd forgotten about caused the problem.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thatll do it :)

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time