1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

It's something you'd consider a happy fun bonus, not something thats generally usable. Consider it an "Awesome but impractical", like the sandstorm bottle in terraria :).

2. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

The Spacefarer set includes a Zero-G immunity but it doesn't seem to have any effect in zero-g. What is that immunity meant to do exactly?

3. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

I've got another small bug - clicking on the ansible network with any of the MM modes opens it - it shows cycling of various vendors, but it will display contents from all three.

To chip into the fuel debate, for what it's worth - since there is nothing, in terms of planet types, that you can't find within 1000 fuel units that you start with, there is little point in limiting the vanilla ship's initial capacity to jump anywhere in space on a full tank. On the other hand, the abundance of fuel in FU can make the whole matter of space travel costs inconsequential. So what I might recommend is to keep the existing travel costs cranked up - but also either increase the starting ship's fuel capacity to match the maximum fuel cost, or implement a consumable item that will temporarily {for, say, three minutes} increase the ship's fuel capacity so that players playing together can meet up.

4. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

After 1.3, some of the gravity stuff got wonked out. I'm guessing it's on a to-do list.

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

The Ansible Network was changed to get rid of the archaic switching system. It is SUPPOSED to display all of its items at once.

6. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Hey, works for me then. It looks a bit messy, but I'm about function over form anyway, so I ain't complaining.

7. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Changing the default ship fuel capacities would likely mess up custom ships, too.

8. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Darn. Well, I got nothin' then,

9. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Here's a log file. I crash even before it shows me the title screen. What went wrong?

Attached Files:

10. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Might be a better idea to plop it onto http://pastebin.com/ in the future.

Off the top of my head, a mod is doing something funky with the "jellyblock" object and linking it to the material ID 7315 {according to starbounder, it's supposed to be 657}- it doesn't seem to be referenced in FU in anything other than extraction recipes and slipperyness scripts, so I don't think it's to blame.

But since I'm not much of a modder, I could be way off here.

On second look, it looks behaviour-based, so.... yeah, no idea actually.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

did you never use it pre-1.3? it worked then. it needs re-working now.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

that's not a bug. it was changed to not need that stupid station crap anymore. was even mentioned in update notes.

or they can get crew, or build the relevant items i want to add. The whole point is to have places they *can't* reach easily, so I don't want to give them 3k fuel to start. Instead, crew give efficiency bonuses that make life easier in this regard : fuel increase, speed increase, mass decrease, fuel efficiency

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I enjoy the idea of buildable items for ship-wide buffs.

Now, I cheat to get my crew (who doesn't?)... but it would be nice to, instead of having to do lots of quests (or indeed, cheat), you could instead build/place items in your ship to get similar bonuses. It'd give me a reason to actually build on my ship (which I usually don't do because I don't see any need/incentive to do so).

14. Sinxar

Sinxar Subatomic Cosmonaut

What is a precursor microdungeon?

I can't find any information about it other than the few mentions of it in this thread and the patch notes. What does it look like? Does it spawn on the surface or randomly underground? Can it spawn anywhere or only specific planets and depths (if it isn't on the surface)? Would like to add it to the wiki but no info about it.

Speaking of the wiki a lot of pages say don't edit because they will deleted. When will that take effect?

15. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What do you use to get them? The Job Offers mod, or is there a way to admin in crew? I'm using Nonuniform, and I'd love a way to get a tailor reliably.

16. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Ah, okay - I wasn't sure since it was still showing the little name stuff when you clicked on it. Sorry, I missed it in the patch notes - FU is a pretty fast-moving target and sometimes I skip a few updates.

sayter likes this.
  17. Sinxar

Sinxar Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have a question about the station section "Solar Hall Tier 1". Are there other tiers of this? Do I need to build say tier 1 and 2 on a throwaway station before building the final one on my actual station base?

ed: oh the quantum reactor is sucking down the fuel with no load. Thought that wasn't a thing or is that only the fission reactor?

ed2: I had a lag issue pop up some time ago in 1.2. What happens is when moving the game will freeze for a moment like it is loading something. I was never able to figure out what was causing it. I removed the item network and all the crafting stations and it still happened. Whenever I would walk past a certain point it would do the freeze. I assumed it was the planet itself causing the problem as I first built on a Tabula Rasa planet then moved to another one and the issue came back shortly after moving in.

Fast forward to now and I moved everything to a space station, and it is still happening. I think I narrowed it down to some storage containers but I will have to do further testing to make sure. As far as I can tell it is something in this room.
    [​IMG]
    I think it is the food lockers but it could be anything. These items were in my old base in a location that could cause the lags when moving past a certain point.

ed3: Figured it out! It was indeed a food locker. Specifically my main "mostly ores and crafting stuff" locker. Is there anything I can do to reduce the lag from the stuff?
    [​IMG]

18. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Minor code error: Got a PGI in a USCM bunker. Log said this:

[11:13:35.299] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[fubunkerlog6-codex, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'fubunkerlog6-codex'

You got a hyphen where a period should be.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

no idea. I don't have this issue. However, it probably couldn't hurt to use a normal storage instead of a refrigerated one for non-spoiling goods. Less scripts running on your gear.

and no, no upgrades for solar hall. just whatever rooms are offered

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

wrong. codexes are denoted with a -codex.

the issue is that there is no bunkerlog6 (wrong ID name in the file). So I'll fix that up. thanks.