1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.3

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. dantexmas

dantexmas Void-Bound Voyager

Guys, please give me some help, which version of the mod is the most recent, this one here or the one on github?

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Github -> Steam -> Here in order from most updated to least updated.

3. dantexmas

dantexmas Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you! :D

4. almedyl

almedyl Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi and congrats for your stable release! :)
    You've just been featured by Kotaku.

renbear and TheFloranChef like this.
  5. Nameless Nate

Nameless Nate Poptop Tamer

Is it wise to have both the github version installed along with the steam version?

6. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

That would be a very big no.

7. Nameless Nate

So how behind is the steam version of the mod compared to the git-hub version? Would it be better to switch from steam to github?

8. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

So i did a quest and got a special ball tech thats a springy bouncy ball (launches you up SO high when you jump)
    are there any other ones besides that and the ones you get from the Science outpost?

9. renbear

renbear Cosmic Narwhal

That would be another big NO. @sayter updates Steam almost immediately after every GitHub commit. We're talking minutes, here.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

r stuf

I didnt even know there WAS light on them. I'll do that for you, sure.

Gilberry likes this.
  11. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

You can use solar arrays underground/water. I use the big work lights(trying to remember what they are called). Found usually on tops of prisons and underground on your starter world, in the mine. one of them gives off enough light when pointed at the array to bring it to 4 bars. Don't remember them being craftable at all, but fairly common items.

12. sophontteks

sophontteks Orbital Explorer

Thanks. I used ship lights directly over the solar panel and she lit right up. I got a chuckle out of it. If I can just find what seed gets me the regenerative gene I'll be happy. I just got a vehicle and I plan on just storming the surfaces for new seeds so I can churn them in the xeno lab. With some luck maybe I'll make some new seeds unique to this mod. Its a bit tricky sorting out the attainable crafts from the others, but I have a few recipes in mind.

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

The Regenerative Gene is one of those convoluted "To get Thing A, you gotta make Thing B, but to get thing B you gotta make Thing A".

The only way I know of to get regenerative genes is to stumble upon either miracle grass or varan berries in the wild, and when you do, don't dump them in the research lab, grow some first and multiply them because AFAIK, it is impossible to craft anything that gives Regenerative Genes without using Regenerative Genes.

14. lordbociek

lordbociek Pangalactic Porcupine

Have problem to find Elder ruins, been about 100 planets and found only 3, an q, those ruins if generaded are described at nav ?

15. Nameless Nate

I'm not sure if that submarine in the screenshot is from frackin' universe. Also what is the exploration sub you mentioned?

EDIT:
    Ok so apparently you're able to get that sub from Penguin Pete; ti's called the Triton sub. Though i have no idea how to get it.

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

They're meant to be hard to find. However, if youve been to 100 planets you are clearly looking in the wrong places :)

17. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

May be a bit of pulling-from-arse, but I'd assume that maybe those eldrich abomination temples maybe would be more common on creepy planets. So maybe try lots of Prenumbra, Atrophy and Midnight style worlds?

18. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Same way you get any vehicle: pay up. 42,000 pixels.

19. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

bleh i thank the stars for my crops as thats going to take some time to get.

20. Narfkopp

Narfkopp Phantasmal Quasar

Quick question that's only slightly connected to FU:
    I would like my Ansible Network to only offer copper, iron and tungsten ore. Would it be safe to add a ";" to the start of each line of the ores I don't want, or simpler to delete the lines of the unwanted ores? (file backups are a given)

I would like to be able to buy basic ores but need to go exploring for anything above those ores mentioned.