1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed Fossil excavating

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Sylxeria, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sylxeria

Sylxeria Industrial Terraformer

Every time a new Nightly update is released, the first thing I always do is head straight into the underground - usually on a new clean character - to see if the Fossil minigame is working. Sadly, it always resulted in the minigame simply not starting and the fossil being destroyed. Until tonight.

With the latest Nightly update, I was ecstatic to find that the minigame actually functioned. However, as to be expected from Nightly, there were some hiccups. After several dozen fossil minings, this is what I've found:

For starters, I couldn't select any of the additional tools unless I used the Middle Mouse Button (Using the default keybindings here) to pick them.

Second, the Hammer (2 tile horizontal cleaning) consistently breaks the minigame. I can select the tool fine but attempting to use it will glitch the minigame's interface to where only the window itself can be seen, preventing any further action besides pressing ESC to cancel out of it.

Exiting the minigame that way results in the fossil remaining in the game, but the brushes can no longer interact with it.

Out of all the tools, only the 2-tile horizontal hammer appears to be broken. The drills and 2x2 hammer all function properly, and I'm happy to have obtained several fossils finally.

So to anyone else who may try and fossil-hunt, avoid that 2-horizontal hammer for the time being.
    [​IMG]

2. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

im glad its back!

i remember when shift clicking items into contains caused you to be kicked back to your ship and off that character if you tried it on your ship.

I still have yet to do that minigame without failing it!
    i haven't a real clue how to do it properly and thats good.
    trying something without instruction

i will say build around yourself so you won't be attacked while doing it.

Sylxeria likes this.
  3. Sylxeria

Sylxeria Industrial Terraformer

Aaah yeah I remember that. xD

On a side-note, it doesn't seem that the fossils on high-risk planets work at all? I was on a few Alien worlds (Havent tried Midnight, Volcanic, or others though) and every fossil attempt would bring up an empty interface you can't interact with. However, the starter world fossils work just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.