~Forum Game~ The Annual Chucklefish Hunger Games; but like Mad Libs

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Witch Cat, Dec 22, 2016.

?

Should the Hunger Games have a theme?

Poll closed Dec 24, 2016.
  1. No

57.1%
  2. Yes, a Christmas Theme

14.3%
  3. Yes, a Sci-fi Theme

28.6%
  4. Yes, [Other Theme, Specify in Thread]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

In that case, might as well throw Sportacus into the mix;
    [​IMG]
    and have them in the same district, just to mess with people.

Firebird Zoom and Arra like this.
  2. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

Brilliant!! Also, @Charlatan, have a look at this.

Edit: Have them both in district 10.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  3. Witch Cat

Witch Cat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Petition to remake the Hunger Games with the only change being Katniss and the second guy who won would be replaced by Sportadaddy and Robbie Rotten

//////

Added Sportadaddy and Robbie Bottom, why must lovers fight?

//////

5 slots left! This place got packed quickly. Take this time to throw in your vote in the poll and change it if you want to. The second we start I'm closing the poll and going with the most popular choice.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Arra likes this.
  4. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

I'll submit one!
    Here's my picture:
    death-troopers.jpeg
    I can condense it if you need me to.

Witch Cat likes this.
  5. Witch Cat

glad to see you decided to join us! I'll add him to the list of tributes. Since you're volunteering yourself, I would've used your profile picture but that image will work too. Though it would be appreciated if you cropped the image or found a new one where it's just his head.

6. Firebird Zoom

I changed my profile pic, so you can use that one.

Witch Cat likes this.
  7. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

@BlueShard *has a look at this*
    Curious, seems things are progressing faster now. Hope I have enough time to recover before it starts, unfortunately caught a flu.

8. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

*foolishly forgot you already knew about this*

9. Witch Cat

I'm wondering if I should make separate a post for every day in the Hunger Games or if I should edit them all together in a single post.

10. Charlatan

By the way, I came here while I don't have the slightest idea how this game will work once it starts. Going in blindly seems fun though!

11. Witch Cat

Alright, I guess I should explain how this will work in-depth.

This honestly is more like a TV show than a game. The only interaction you really have is just supplying me with tributes. Once I have all the tributes, I feed the names into the Hunger Games simulator and it then poops out a bunch of randomised scenarios. And each scenario is divided into days. The first scenario is day one and every character will interact with something or someone, stuff like forging for food, attacking someone, etc. My job is just to update the roster to help everyone keep tabs on who's alive and who's dead. I'll also be screenshotting the results of every scenario/day that the simulator gives me and post it here with a little short story(-ish kinda) under it that basically parrots what the simulator is saying but with an attempt to craft an actual story with added details and jokes too. I'll keep doing this for every day and try to update it daily until we eventually have a winner!

"So," I hear you asking, "What do we do?" Well, your job is simple, you basically just read over the results of every day (the short one sentence long ones the simulator gives or my long ramblings) and you just... talk about it. Make bets, fool around, and stuff like that. If you really wanted to, you could help with the writing process, but it's mostly just having a laugh as you watch the Hunger Games unfold. You don't play as the tributes, but as the everyday Joes who sit around with the family to watch teens murder each other.

"This sounds like a horrible and boring idea!" you cry, well yeah I made it sound worse than it actually is because I'm living off of 3 hours of sleep and microwaved chicken nuggets. Lemme explain a bit of backstory too. I stole borrowed this idea from an RP forum I frequent. It became almost a tradition there to do this and it really helped stimulate the forums. That's what I'm hoping will happen here! Just a small little fun idea to get everyone together, and in time for Christmas too!

EDIT: Added this to the introductory post to help clear up confusion. Also feel free to ask any questions you have!

Firebird Zoom and HunterC1998 like this.
  12. Firebird Zoom

Actually, could you change the name from Zoomninja3000 to DT-5537?

13. Witch Cat

Of course! For a small price of 999.99~

jk I'll change it now

14. Charlatan

Ah, thanks for the explanation! Would it aid the game in any way to have details about the character, as in, skills, personality ?

15. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Oh hey, I just realized I'm under best pets!
    Yaay :p

16. Witch Cat

Nah, as previously stated, all the results are randomised so I have no control over what happens. You could write an entire CS for your tribute but it wouldn't change anything. Buuuut it is giving me an idea for a table top/survival of the fittest type RP.

HunterC1998 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  17. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I've got another one: the jumping spider.
    [​IMG]

18. Charlatan

I totally must see this RP once it happens, at least considering what an insanely random bunch of chars already joined up here.

19. Witch Cat

Time to go home guys, we have a winner. Lemme just delete this entire thread now.

A no limits survival game does sound interesting. You can be anyone and anything, even yourself, and interact with all these crazy characters, sounds like the formula for a purrfect RP! Too bad I'm an anxiety ridden wreck with no self-confidence in being able to do it.

Charlatan and Firebird Zoom like this.
  20. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Jeezus K hrist!! The googily eyes on that spider!!