1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Folders are locked after 1.3 Update

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Sanio, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Sanio

Sanio Void-Bound Voyager

So I noticed that after the 1.3 update hit, I've been unable to delete or move a lot of the files inside Starbound that were present before the update. Any files that are added after the update hit can be removed. This has happened with another friend on the ilovebacons forums and I didn't see anyone else post it here, so I might as well.

Oh, and I've already made sure I have every permission possible on my user account to make it so I SHOULD be able to do this, but it hasn't worked.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2017
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Try to "take over" the folder by changing the owner to yourself and apply the changes to all subfolders. Then set the other permissions for the user accounts on your machine.

~ Iris ~

3. Sanio

Sanio Void-Bound Voyager

So I've given myself ownership, given myself full control of the folder, and the same image I attached above appeared. Still can't do anything about the Starbound directory. I've read multiple online guides on how to "Take ownership of folders and files" and they're the exact same. I've followed those steps and still nothing. It's ONLY the Starbound directory that's causing the problems.

4. Iris Blanche

Another way could be a reinstall of starbound or accessing the folder as admin. For a reinstall i'd suggest accessing the folder as admin and make a backup of the storage folder first.

~ Iris ~

5. Sanio

Sanio Void-Bound Voyager

Actually, after I uninstalled Starbound I tried to move one of the mods I had installed, and a message popped up saying that the folder is in use, and that's its open in another program. What could possibly be using that mod? This goes the same for every other folder but I'm using the mod as an example.

Well shit
    upload_2017-6-10_11-9-9.png
    CONTENT FILE LOCKED

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2017
  6. Iris Blanche

This sounds really strange :eek: Normally this shouldn't happen at all. You may want to check your OS with an antivirus software just in case. Also try restarting your system and try the install again.

On a sidenote:
    Please avoid double posts. I merged them.

~ Iris ~

7. Sanio

Sanio Void-Bound Voyager

I restarted my computer and Starbound is back up! The folders are still locked though....

8. Iris Blanche

Maybe it is the windows UAC because it is installed in the program files folder. Try turning it off.

~ Iris ~

9. Sanio

Sanio Void-Bound Voyager

I tried. Nothing happened. Luckily the only thing that I'm worried about moving around is the single outdated mod I have, and It doesn't seem to be having an effect on anything because it's outdated. I guess the only solution from here is calling a tech support or getting a new computer (Which I will do at one point in the future because I really want one anyways)