1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Floran ship

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Meuterion, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Ariexe

Ariexe Pangalactic Porcupine

thats it, thank you for correcting me

2. Here, but yeah, the stream is offline now.

3. IllusiveEnergy

IllusiveEnergy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I wish they would tweet when they are streaming. :(

4. Well, you got some "subscribe" feature on twitch, it email you whenever the chan you subscribed go online. It's pretty neat :)
    You might have to register for that, but it's free, so no big deal...

5. Mega Man X

Mega Man X Industrial Terraformer

That doesn't seem very safe.

6. Program_024

Program_024 Title Not Found

Almost seems more of like a re-purposed ship with the vines and such growing as they are. I wonder what happened to the previous owner...

7. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

SO reminds me of FTL, ships match their current species (in most cases)

8. I was hoping for something VISUALLY UNIQUE, not the same ship with plants growing on it.
    But OK I assume it's OK..

Rivalyn likes this.
  9. Rivalyn

Rivalyn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm with you, Bacon. I was hoping for something with a bit more slapdash about it, but who knows? Maybe it'll have a more interesting layout at higher tiers?

Boese, Bacon and IllusiveEnergy like this.
  10. Loopie

Loopie The Number of the Minibeast

So about this live stream, what else was shown in it? I need to follow them on twitch so I can watch all these videos. :(

11. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

higher tiers will [probably not] be all the other race's starter ships mashed together

12. Percival

Percival Phantasmal Quasar

We were already told that the Floran ships would look this way. The devs mentioned a while back that the Floran got their ships by luring in unwary space explorers, eating them, and stealing their ships, which they then worked out how to fly and repair through trial and (alot) of error. They also mentioned this had the effect of making them look like Reaver ships from Firefly, but with plants stuck to them rather than body parts. I'm more interested in what the space newts will turn out.

Boese and Ariexe like this.
  13. Loopie

Loopie The Number of the Minibeast

Now this is something to change how people think about it, I was wondering why those bones were on top the cockpit.

14. Didn't the Florans steal ships and other technology from their victims? So wouldn't the ship look just like any other? [​IMG] (because they didn't actually build it)
    [Note: I didn't read all 3 pages of replies, so someone may have already pointed this out already]

15. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

And technically arent Florans plants? They dont need Oxygen to breathe. They need carbon dioxide and nitrogen. And not too often either. So technically life support for FLorans would mean something quite different from their fellow fleshbags/snacks.

16. But do we really know much about the biology of Florans? Maybe they're more human than they are plants.

We can't really question the science that much in this game, but we can question the logic.
    It was said they do not know much about technology, so they stole it from other races. Doesn't that mean that they should have ships similar (or even identical) to other races?

17. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

I mostly base the Florans off of what I know about the biology of carniverous plants myself.

Most plants which are carniverous grow in nitrogen poor areas. They supplement this nitrogen by feasting off animals.

18. Shhmio

Shhmio Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

Here i managed to get a little more of the front D: if it matters for anyone haha

19. Zansetu

Zansetu Subatomic Cosmonaut

Florans forever <3

20. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

sweet