1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Floran reproduction. It's official.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Breather, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaviDeil

DaviDeil Ketchup Robot

Thank you. I didn't really care to go into detail and hoped people got the jist of what I meant. You detailed it the way I would have liked to!

2. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

Fetishists will make lewd fanfics either way. By forcing cannon sexual practices that are silly and incompatible, it makes it much harder for fetishist fanfic authors to build risque stories around them. For example, if you have a male protagonist in a harem of females of every other race, it could result in really awkward situations that aren't sexy at all. Take a human engineer who "mates" with a Glitch-- They'd just be building a new Glitch together, which wouldn't be very satisfying for most fetishists. In fact, the human might not even recognize the meaning that the action has for the Glitch, then go rub butts with a Floran on the dance floor, only to get slapped by the Glitch five minutes later and watch her run away crying. Both hilarious and dramatic, actually.

But that's just my take on it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and this:
    Would you be upset if your children watched animal planet on the discovery channel?

Fammia, DotBeta, tassina and 2 others like this.
  3. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

i want a anime/manga of that now :mwahaha:

DeadlyLuvdisc likes this.
  4. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

This is why I love this forum.

DeadlyLuvdisc likes this.
  5. Nohar

Nohar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This topic really is NSFW.

6. Delimar

Delimar Star Wrangler

I might have mentioned that earlier, can't recall if I did anymore. But yea, I first read this topic while at work. Loud laughter soon followed

7. Atlus

Atlus Big Damn Hero

I've been unwittingly exposed to fetishes that are way more physically impossible and/or confusing.

But it's a BUTT. You're telling me that can't go into unwise directions? Could we have at least picked a LESS sensible body part that ISN'T near the erogenous zones on most every other animal? Heck the floran should have their baby-making parts on their HEADS! Their flowers! They're plants! Piston and stamen!

Wouldn't they be rubbing foreheads? Does butt-rubbing lead INTO head-rubbing? Is there an entire rubbing process where they work their way up to the forehead? It just succeeds to do nothing but raise questions and censorship issues because they're doing things lewd things below the belt.

I'd like to think media has become lenient about censorship and what's taboo or not these days but I think this is a bit too risqué even as a joke.

8. Star and Moon

Star and Moon Space Kumquat

Soooo.... how on earth does this thread have 7 pages.

9. Delimar

Delimar Star Wrangler

Because we went from a joke to an ethical debate.

tassina and DeadlyLuvdisc like this.
  10. Shadow Stealer

Shadow Stealer Orbital Explorer

Kay... this thread blew my mind, from the discussion to OP content. Firstly touching butts is interesting and secondly... I really can't wait to get my teeth stuck into reading all about the lore of the universe.

11. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

I agree that their heads would make more sense. I think they just chose butts because they thought it was funny.

12. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

We didn't start the fire...
    It was always burnin', since the world was turnin'!

13. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

What happened to this hilarious thread? It's a joke people, just laugh and move on.

tassina and CalamityQuote like this.
  14. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Agreed. I just came back to this thread to discover what it's become.

15. BallPtPenTheif

BallPtPenTheif Subatomic Cosmonaut

speaking of which, is the initial comic from an ongoing web comic? is their more?

16. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

There's a comic in every issue of the newsletter. But the plot doesn't really carry between strips; each one is a self contained story.

DotBeta and BallPtPenTheif like this.
  17. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thread got out of hand pretty quick o_O
    On a second note replying to the pictures: wut the...?

18. The Furreonist

The Furreonist Pangalactic Porcupine

OMG, it's disgusting! I don't want to be a Floran anymore!

19. Israphial

Israphial Big Damn Hero

Dude, don't necrobump things.

20. The Furreonist

The Furreonist Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry, but I searched this threat, and i didnt pay attention to last posts data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.