1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Floran Headcanons/Discussion

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sugar-Fable, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

I love Florans, so figured I'd start a thread for them! Mostly for headcanons, but discussion is okay too~
    I'll start! Here are some of my headcanons:

*They have retractible mandibles
    *Their blood is blue
    *Their snakes are a common pet that, while similar to earthen snakes, have a few key differences. First they have a couple of spikes on their cheeks, are much larger and fatter and come in a wider variety of patterns. Most notably however are their plant "antlers" that start out as leaves and can grow into large seasonal blooms.
    *Babies are seedlings, children are sprouts and teenagers are buds
    *Seen socially as adults on their bloom day
    *Their culture is not just "Savage meat eaters" despite being mostly viewed this way by outsiders.
    *They are born from seeds

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Okay, I'll start mine.

• They have a unique and funny accent.
    • Their mouth are very large compared to the other races.
    • They have no idea what a "love" is.
    • They're kinda cute (what a weird thought I have.)
    • They are mischievous.
    • They like to hiss a lot.
    • They are the less intelligent compared to the other races (cause I have never seen a scientist that are Floran.)
    • Their tribe is their family (cause they don't understand what "parents" are. But we can see that their Greenfinger is like a single parent for one huge family.)
    • Most of them can't read, most of them, not all of them.
    • They are a race that needs a guidance and enlightenment from the other races.

3. Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

I agree with some of these, but definitely not these two :rofl: I view them as a tribal race yeah, but one that is only seen as "savage" by other races, similar to how English people viewed Native Americans when coming to the US. Of course this is also just a headcanon lol

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  4. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I totally agree with it. I don't see Floran like that either. Savages? Barbaric? Not at all. Cause I really really love them! And I don't mean to say that they are "dumb," I just meant to say that "technology" or "knowledge" is not their main pursuits. Because I believe that their main pursuits is hunting, cause they are the master of hunt and stealth (just meant to say that each race has its own strenght and weakness.) And finally, what I mean "guidance" and "enlightenment" is that Floran needs a leader, the Greenfinger, and an example of good behavior, other races (to be more accurate the Protectorate.) But it also apply for the other races too, so not only the Floran. So it's like needing each other. Or... to put it simple, all races in Starbound needs each other to survive, to cover the weakness of one another, to become stronger.

I hope it explain what I really meant. Sorry if I use the wrong word before.

Sugar-Fable likes this.