Fishing lure "breaking"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AssassinLV, Apr 10, 2016.

1. AssassinLV

AssassinLV Master Chief

First I shall say that I find this game really great, and I will probably buy this game - when I'll get money. But while "playing" your game I found that "lures" are breaking really fast - and can't withstand even a half-day-fishing...

So I propose a way to fix it:

My proposal comes with two variables:
    1) Each lure (depending from quality) has 100 to 200 uses (100 basic, 125 bronze, 150 silver, 200 gold)
    2) If you fail to reel fish while using lure, then you lose your lure. (this can also be implemented with a chance to happen)

So by this your lure could be used for a long time (1.5 days approx) or be even lost after the first throw in. :)

What do you think about this idea. :) I believe it's at least semi-realistic :)

• Lini

Lini Space Spelunker

I think that it's going to make some people even angrier at those legendary fish when they keep running off with the lures each throw.

• AssassinLV

AssassinLV Master Chief

Well, I think it would be wise to use the "feeder lure" ;) It's harder to loose the fish then.. But I also said that the 2nd point could be a chance event, maybe the chance could slightly decrease on "fishing proficiently".

Let's say default = 30%, Fishing lvl10 = 25%... But I do believe that those seem to be "40" throws per lure is really not good... For example I don't find useful to craft/buy the lures, as they break so fast..
        For example fishing from 10am, I broke 2 lures till 8pm, so that mean - 2 lures are not enough for 1 single day....

• Largilloquent

Largilloquent Space Hobo

Lures break too fast. Let's replace that with lost Lures? Wat. They don't even really do much other than make legendary a little bit more manageable.

• AssassinLV

AssassinLV Master Chief

I believe that each lure has it's use.
            It's hard to loose good fish with Feeder lure (so feeder is best for big fishes)
            It's faster to fish Spinning lure (but you won't use it for big fish - cause you know the risk)
            As for spinning same comes with treasure hunter, because it's safer to use it with smaller fish..

• Sutremaine

Sutremaine Subatomic Cosmonaut

The faster you use up your tackle, the faster you make up the cost of replacing it. You can probably make it up with just the fish caught, but trash recycling and cooking can put your other catches to good use. Sometimes if I plan to spend the entire day fishing I take a recycling machine with me, or a furnace or three.