First game ever played

Discussion in 'Games' started by I_am_the_Storm, Jan 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you remember your first videogame? What are your memories on it?
    Mine was Duke Nukem 1. It was awesome game, with cute graphic and Sounds Speaker sounds. I've played it on my uncle's PC. I've spent many hours with this game. Ages of floppy disks was golden, I think...
    What is YOUR first game ever played?

2. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

Think mine was Diablo 2.... was around 6 or 7. Beforehand I liked to watch my brother play the original diablo a lot. Really liked the music of both games.

I always loved Lut Golein and the surrounding desert. Trapsing through that with a group of folks was always a sort of relaxxing experience. Never liked the jungle bit tho.

3. I_am_the_Storm

Yeah, I played Diablo II too, the jungle was creepy at the time. The music was somehow depressing, but it was nice. Although, I didn't understand the text in the game, it was something new to me. Well... it was around 2004, when I was a little kid, so...

4. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Galaga on the AMIGA.

5. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Super Mario Bros. on the NES. In 1986.

I_am_the_Storm likes this.
  6. I_am_the_Storm

Wow! It's hard to believe someone remember these consoles! Thumbs up!

7. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Raymans raving rabids on the DS lite...

8. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I had an Atari and a commodore 64.
    I don't remember which one I got first or what was my first
    game with them but I remember playing archon and GI JOE.
    I had a lot of games but I don't remember most of their names.

9. I_am_the_Storm

Yeah, it's a long time, and while me remember playing them, we cannot to remember their names.
    Sadly, all (g)old and good games are nearly forgotten, due the new and recent AAA games, which flood the market. Only few of us play these gems from past.

10. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Super Mario Bros. for NES.

11. Katkill

Katkill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It was something on Atari. I can't remember the full console's name. It was a black box. It was kind of crap. Then Amiga 500 and some "Lotus something something" racing game, it was quite fun.
    Then I finally got a PC and Half Life 1, which I still like to play every now and then. The only AAA game that I'm interested in is Warhammer Total War, but my prehistoric laptop would melt.

12. I_am_the_Storm

I always wanted Atari. I'd liked to see, how good -or bad- was first games ever created, what 'formed' games from today.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2017
  13. Larielia

Larielia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Mario Bros for NES. Used to play with my brother.

14. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

Either Dig Dug or Qubo, I think. It might've been something on the Saturn.

15. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

Pretty sure that they were a combo of Star Wars: Pod Racer, the Pink Panther and LEGO Racers along with a bunch of flash games on PC. My tiny mind couldn't figure out driving and power ups at once so my brother or dad had to help me out ^^

The first "real" game was Mario 64 DS, prolly.

And the first "impacting" game was Minecraft (before it was "cool") and later Fallout: New Vegas

16. Werty9

Werty9 Seal Broken

Yes, I remember.... First I played Alladin, it was so colorful and nice. I missed such old games so much that even installed to my smartphone retro game emulator (took it here at https://theappsdepot.com/ ). It's easy to play old games on a smartphone screen because my laptop has 17" screen and it's too big to play old Sega games.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  17. yvatlplays

yvatlplays Void-Bound Voyager

The first game I've ever played was borderlands 2 not a good choice for a 7 year old boy amiright?

18. I_am_the_Storm

Ahh... It's shame no one make games like this. The gameplay was amazing and fun. The ONLY way how to play them is with emulator... or on original consoles, which are quite rare.

Not bad choice, my friend, not bad.

19. Werty9

Werty9 Seal Broken

You know, honestly, when this game was run on PC I was too small to play, so I just pressed the different buttons and asked my uncle "show me the cartoon!"

20. BigBlueFish

BigBlueFish Void-Bound Voyager

Im thirteen and started playing when I was 2 so I don't remember but first one I do remember was Myst