Modding Discussion Firefly/Serenity "Big Box of Loot" collaboration

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Dead Squirrel, Jan 1, 2014.

?

Who's the most important damn character to get done?

Poll closed Jan 8, 2014.
  1. Cpt. Mal

98 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Jayne

19 vote(s)
    11.2%
  3. Wash

12 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Zoe

6 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. Kaylee

12 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. Simon

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  7. River

11 vote(s)
    6.5%
  8. Inara

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  9. Shepard Book

7 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. SpectreOne

SpectreOne Starship Captain

The soup wasn't pertinent to slaughtering everyone with her axes. It referred more to blowing up the ship. I had originally added it, but thought better of it. :rofl:

I don't mind I'll just take Jayne's advice and shove her in some sort of cell someplace. And, if at all possible, she should not attack Simon and Simon should be completely neutral. (doesn't attack River back) Hehe.

2. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

Maybe we could make it so they all have non-damaging weapons? Unless they are spawned on the surface and need to defend from monsters they don't *need* weapons. Then if they start attacking each other, it looks more like a game...xD

3. kittentamer

There is another possibility. We could have two versions of the River spawner. One with the "feature" of potential insanity and another that is just River. Label the one out there "River: 10% chance of spontaneous violence." and another: "River: Rubs soup in your hair quirky." or something like that. =)

4. Dead Squirrel

Dead Squirrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It would prolly be better to just have a regular-river-spawner and an OMG-psycho-river-spawner. After all, if you're buying the chance-of-violence version, you're probably hoping for violence.

kittentamer likes this.
  5. SpectreOne

SpectreOne Starship Captain

Hehe... Im putting a "spontaneous" river on every Floran homeworld I find...

Dead Squirrel and kittentamer like this.
  6. CaptainKobold

CaptainKobold Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm not actually on my computer for playing at the moment, but I was wondering whether this mod creates both male and female versions of the characters. I'm not seeing any indication in the spawners or the files themselves that it differentiates and was actually wondering myself whether such a thing could be done. I just immediately remembered this mod and wondered whether and/or how you had managed it!

7. kittentamer

I think DeadSquirrel made them spawn only the one gender, which took more work then letting them be random but with the one set of clothes/quotes/function. I believe and incident with a male apex wearing River's skirt helped him decide to limit that...xD

8. CaptainKobold

Yowch, I can understand the need for that! I'll peer through the files and see if I can't figure out how exactly DeadSquirrel managed to make that happen. It's not jumping out at me anywhere in the file quite yet.

9. Dead Squirrel

Dead Squirrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm late to this conversation, but ...

I didn't find a way to select a gender. When you spawn npc's through lua, a seed randomly generates which dictates gender/color/hair/undiecolor. Alternatively, you can give the lua-code a seed of your choice and it will kick out a specific npc. So, that's what the Firefly-crew-spawners do. I tried nearly 1000 seeds to get the ones used ... it's not a fun process. (The firefly-character's 'hair' are all hats, 'cause finding a character of the right color, stance, gender, hair color, and hair type was insanity)

If you don't know, you can look up information on the specific lua script in "\scripts\api\word.lua" search for "spawnNpc".

Code:
    "spawnNpc = function(spawnPosition, species, type, level, seed, config) end"
    I played with the "config" variable, but couldn't get it to do anything at all. Mind you, this was all Furious Koala, so there may be something new to exploit.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  10. CaptainKobold

Holy crap, that is a tedious sort of process! Thank you for the info on it! I may end up playing with this some...

11. ShadoRoboto

ShadoRoboto Void-Bound Voyager

This is a partial of the fireflycraftit.object, aka the base of the Firefly Big Box of Loot:

"objectName" : "fireflycraftit",
    "rarity" : "Common",
    "objectType" : "interactable",
    "interactAction" : "OpenCraftingInterface",
    "interactData" : {
    "config" : "/interface/windowconfig/fireflycraftit.config",
    "filter" : [ "fireflycraftit" ]

This line:

"objectType" : "interactable",
    is no longer a valid function. It needs to be removed. The executable doesn't call it, and it doesn't exist in any other crafting station system any longer.
    I present this concern because it's constantly coming up in the error logs of the community I am a part of, and desire to seek resolution.

12. kittentamer

That should be easy enough. I have been lax in testing it after the last update. Let me know if you find anything else, or if you know anyone who would be willing to work on getting the spawners operational again.
    <edit> The craftit is working again, thanks so much for figuring out the specific issue. <3

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    ShadoRoboto likes this.
  13. ShadoRoboto

ShadoRoboto Void-Bound Voyager

I'd love to offer assistance for this mod. I'll see what I can do for the spawners! And thank you for the fix, very much appreciated!

14. kittentamer

Awesome! This has always been a collaboration, so your help is definitely appreciated. =)

15. Njs10

Njs10 Void-Bound Voyager

So I ran into a problem. there is now an item in starbound named Parasol and one in the mod. it conflicts with the files so I had to take out the parasol files.
    EDIT: Wanted to also mention adding the ability to dye the fluffy dress and other clothes. Only asking cause Uh....my girlfriend is pissed no one any where has a mod for dresses that can be dyed red completely >.> she's picky...

16. kittentamer

I will go rename the parasol. I think I made the mod compatible with Buckets o' dye or something...it has been awhile. I'll take a peek.

17. kittentamer

Fixed the parasol name, and the update works fine with my game at least. I'll look into the dying thing.
    (edit) It might take a bit, I have a new computer and I thought Starbound cloudsaved...but my old character is nowhere to be seen. And I'm too lazy to go grab my old computer, set it up, save the files off it, etc....so need to play some so I can see how dying works now that it is officially supported. =p

18. Njs10

Njs10 Void-Bound Voyager

All right, that's cool!

19. kittentamer

I have gotten a start on it, I'll probably do a couple of releases as I get some of it dye-able. The main problem being I used a lot of colors on the sprites and the base dye system uses 4...I'm going to have to test a bunch to see what I can do without breaking things. And play enough to get a stockpile of dyes/fabric to test with! I'm going through and seeing what sprites are easiest to convert first. I'll prioritize testing if you can add colors to the list to make the fluffy dress and Inara's dye-able.

20. Njs10

Njs10 Void-Bound Voyager

Ah okay. I wish I could help but honestly I have no idea how anything works with mods not to mention I am currently playing the "Who wants to be leaned over throwing up into a trash can?" game. but if you need any help that is something extremely simple but don't have time to do it I'm your man.