1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Felins 3.9.1

Catgirls in Space!

1. Timuri

Timuri Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm...well, as you've billed the Felin's as hunters, maybe a bow or two in each tier that are a bit faster (or stronger) than the standard hunting bows? Following in line with the katars they have at Tier 1, maybe a couple other types of punch-dagger as well for higher tiers? Baghnakhs are another design that comes to mind aside from giving them minor sprite changes and better stats for the higher tiers. Voldo from Soul Calibur uses a bunch of Katar-style weapons to take for inspiration if you wanted to continue on that design style. Where other weapons are concerned...hunter societies throughout history have made great use of spears, though I'm not sure Felins would really need them. One handed light axes might fit as well, being important tools as well as hunting weapons.

Necessity4Fun and Kawa like this.
  2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

^ Saving this post to file, with your name on it for credit purposes.

Speaking of credits, Letrune helped out with less Floran/Avian-esque names -- "Mearith" and "Anemine", for example. Gender-specific, too. Unless someone comes up with something better, those are going in.

3. Leinad Werecat

Leinad Werecat Subatomic Cosmonaut

As a cat, i am quite glad to have found this mod! I am hoping maybe there will be more custom item descriptions eventually, or will it just keep to what humans say? Either way, thanks for the feline race!X3

4. minecraft_2013_

minecraft_2013_ Void-Bound Voyager

um i found some bugs when i was done makeing my player i crash when i press the done button or when i die. i have this mod and the other mod Xbawks Character Creator mod.
    can you tell me why its crashing?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Not unless you tell me what's in starbound.log.

Letrune likes this.
  6. Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

Would it be possible to use the human armor as a placeholder for felin armor? Instant death in later sectors is no fun :[

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Current working copy has Hylotl armor placeholders. Perhaps now would be a good time to release an update? Yeah... I think I'll release it tomorrow. Gonna finish the village overhaul first.

Letrune and Solum like this.
  8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Letrune likes this.
  9. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Ev'rybody wants to be a cat! 'Cause a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at!

Leinad Werecat and Kawa like this.
  10. Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]

Not entirely sure what happened there...

11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Usual suspects checklist:
    • Is this your first install? ...
      • If so, did you use Modloader (Don't, if you did)
      • Try disabling all your other mods except character creation extender/felins and see if it works.
    • If this is updating from an old version...
      • Did you remember to delete the original installation before unzipping it into the mod folder?
    If this doesn't resolve your problem, attach your starbound.log file to the thread, please hold the line til Kawa can punish you and/or identify the issue :p

12. StarWeaver

StarWeaver Pangalactic Porcupine

Huh, your latest update seems to have removed all your felin description lines from stock items, was that intentional. Code looks clean though :D

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

And most of all, check starbound.log. It's your friend.
    Yes, it is. I'll release them as an add-on mod in a few minutes.

Letrune likes this.
  14. Grinjr

Grinjr Phantasmal Quasar

Getting the same problem, game is crashing with same error as the guy above.

I didn't use modloader. Tried disabling all other mods. This isn't a first install, and I did remember to delete the original installation.

I hate punishments :(

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Indeed, I get the same error now. I'm looking into it now.

Error located: an extra comma in the treasurepools. Updating...

Letrune likes this.
  16. StarWeaver

StarWeaver Pangalactic Porcupine

Found it. There's an errant comma on the second to last line of treasure/felin.treasurepools

Solum and RyuujinZERO like this.
  17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Letrune and Solum like this.
  18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Letrune and Leinad Werecat like this.
  19. Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

*double pistols and a wink*