1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed "Fatal Error; Access Violation" After Opening Ship Locker

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by SpiderStorm, Mar 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpiderStorm

SpiderStorm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, I have a bit of a problem. You see, whenever I open my ship's locker, it crashes the game. It doesn't matter if it's a new character or an old one. I even tried doing a clean install by deleting the entire starbound folder and then telling steam to delete local content. I re-installed starbound, and still had the same issue. My OS is WIndows 7Pro 64bit and I'm running Starbound in 64bit normal(NOT Open-GL) mode. I don't have any mods installed.

Here's my error log and a screenshot of the error message that pops up.

Fatal Error.png This screenshot was taken while playing as a 1-minute old character shortly after re-installing the game completely. The QUEST COMPLETE is visible because I had picked up the flashlight. I have tested and it is NOT the flashlight that is responsible. I don't even have to TOUCH a single item in the locker. I merely have to open it and wait 2 or 3 seconds.

At first I figured that it might be an issue caused by Starbound.exe not having administrator privileges. So I gave it and all other executable files within the Starbound main-folder admin privileges. Unfortunately that didn't fix the issue. So i next checked to see if one of the save files had been made read-only after I had started up the game. I checked both while the game was running and after it had crashed due to the error. None of the save files(player or ship) were/are read-only. So, I decided to test whether it was the ship locker or the act of moving an item into my inventory. I tested it by teleporting to the surface as soon as I could do so without touching the locker. I broke some blocks with my Manipulator and picked them up. I then opened my inventory and moved the blocks from slot-to-slot for a few minutes. After a few minutes of nothing happening, I teleported back up the the ship and opened the locker. 3 seconds later I get an error message and the game crashes. At this point I have decided that this issue is beyond my ability to fix. Thus I'm am here asking for assistance in solving it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.