Farmhands can't enter town

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by goatgirl4life, Feb 11, 2023.

1. goatgirl4life

goatgirl4life Space Hobo

I've started playing multiplayer. All players use SMAPI & Steam. One person was on Apple & the rest on Windows. The first time (2021-2022) I had no problem playing with a friend. They could go anywhere on the map. The past few months (2022-2023) I've tried playing with other people (always just me & 1 friend per farm) & they can't go into town without it going black on their end & freezing them out. They can go to the mines with no problem, but entering town via walking or CJB teleporting causes the load screen to lock. (We haven't tried Cindersnap Forest yet). I can still do work on the farm while they're frozen & have to wait until 2am to pass out as it still reads them as a player not in bed. Removed antiviruses & firewalls when this started happening. Didn't change anything. Not sure why it worked for only 1 farm & now I'm having the problems with both of my new farms.

Can anyone please tell me what we're doing wrong & how to fix it? I'm extremely technically challenged so I'm hoping it's an easy fix. I may need help walking through it step-by-step. Thanks in advance!

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

goatgirl4life likes this.
    • goatgirl4life

goatgirl4life Space Hobo