Farm name?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yoseiri, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Didn't put effort into the first farm name, but...

Brewery-based Joja run: Off-License Farm
    Truffle & minerals theme: Pig & Schist Farm
    Perfume theme: Poudre Absolu Farm

My video game naming conventions are usually wordplay-based.

• Yaushibee

Yaushibee Subatomic Cosmonaut

My only farm's name is simply "Jericho" farm. I don't remember the reason behind it or if I even had one but I like it.

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

I love to bake muffins IRL so in order of creation my farms were named: "Muffin Farm", "Cupcake Farm" and "Scone Farm". Each farmer had a stash of Poppyseed Muffins with him (as soon as they got the recipe in winter year two).
        My current farm is centered around beehives so it is called "Honeycomb Farm".

Fun fact: names for the cats were "Mrs Toppings" or "Mrs Frosting".

• worldstraveller

worldstraveller Poptop Tamer

since I'm still on my first playthrough, I called it "Plantasia", what can I say I love fantasy, magic and the two Fantasia movies and stardew valley looked like a very magical place when was thinking for the name :) and it is.

Muny likes this.
          • ZestyLife

ZestyLife Orbital Explorer

I have one farm so far. It is Zesty Life Farm. If... when I get my next one it will have Zesty in the name somehow. Zesty Spice Farm or something. Love that word... Zesty!

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I wasn't very imaginative....
              1st Farm - Starfall
              2nd farm - Skyfall
              3rd Farm - Hikari Farm

• ryusm92

ryusm92 Void-Bound Voyager

My farmer's name is Slim, he owns a Shady farm, he has a cat named Stan, and his horse is called 8 Miles. His favorite thing is Dad's Pasta (mom's spaghetti didn't fit, sorry mom).

Long days of farming has made his knees weak, and his arms are heavy, but he knows that he only has one shot and does not want to miss the chance to blow, for this opportunity comes once in a lifetime.

Oh and he isn't married yet but he will name his son Marshall and his daugther will be named Hailie.

Saraneth, LadySurly and Stryder87 like this.
                • ruddthree

ruddthree Phantasmal Quasar

My farm's name is "SpicyCurry" (that's basically my catch-phrase now)
                  My pet's name is "MildCurry"
                  My horse's name is "LiteCurry"
                  And all my farm animals are some form of curry as well.

Star Girl likes this.
                  • tophatsaur

tophatsaur Orbital Explorer

My farm is called Alpaca farm. There are no alpacas. I don't think anyone in Pelican Town has ever even seen an alpaca.

Rauchschwalbe and Caelum Lupus like this.
                    • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

I call my farm Rainbow Farm. It's not a reference to anything, my train of thought is that a rainbow is real nice to look at, and has so many different colors. You can take the farm and turn it a host of different ways, so...Rainbow!

My cat's name is REAL creative on the farm - Whiskers - but all the other animals I get more creative, occasionally doing a nod to Harvest Moon: Back to Nature (which is why I got SV, Harvest Moon for the PC? WOO-HOO!)

• sabrinatw

sabrinatw Phantasmal Quasar

Willow Farm is my current save. Maybe it's a little unoriginal but I like it. Another save I had was Tiny Acres Farm which I thought was cute at the time. :3

• CartonCruncher

CartonCruncher Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, I just scrolled through this and realized that I'm super uncreative when it comes to names.
                          I named my farm (wait for it)
                          Food farm. But maybe it runs in the family, my little sister named hers Qwertyuiop farm.

wronghandle likes this.
                          • ScarletAurora

ScarletAurora Poptop Tamer

Mine is named Aurora.

• Reneeisxena

Reneeisxena Big Damn Hero

My farm is called Banner Farms, it's named after an actual farm my Grandfather and his brothers ran.

• kuroZero

kuroZero Space Hobo

Got this game on Switch last week, first time playing SV. Thinking I had quite few characters to play with via the Switch interface I called my farm 'All Cats are Grey' however it shortened it to 'All Cats are G'.

• Caelum Lupus

Caelum Lupus Space Spelunker

My main farm which is played on the standard map is called Fluffy Fox,
                                  My Forest Farm is called Ferny Forest,
                                  And my other farm played on the standard map is called Fursty Flock.
                                  I like alliteration lol :)

• wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

I can identify with this. Got a winter-born piglet that I knew I was gonna sell right away. I called it Temporary.

Saraneth and ruddthree like this.
                                    • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

My first file is named Muffins Farm I think, it's a nickname I've gone by often and is special to me.
                                      but my forest file i named Forest Farm to base it off of my fanfic. also because forest

my favorite name is my current file, Magnolia Farm, because i just think magnolias are super pretty. my mom later crushed my dream and told me that was the name of the duck dynasty farm. but i'm just gonna IGNORE THAT

lannihamm likes this.
                                      • Jake Johnson

Jake Johnson Void-Bound Voyager

I once heard a joke that "the safest way to gamble is with a spade and a packet of seeds."

Ever since, my farm in either Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley has been Fortune or Chance (depending on the allowable size of the farm's name.)

I regularly name my chickens Linda, Betty, Janet, Cindy, Susie, and Kate (the six girls who play the "guess our names" game from Alex Kidd High-Tech World.)
                                        I like to name my cows and sheep after Greek goddesses - Hera (cow), Demeter (cow), Athena (sheep)

• lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

I love Central and South America, particularly Mexico, so usually I name my farm after different states, like Sinaloa or Oaxaca.

Saraneth likes this.