Farm name?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yoseiri, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Yoseiri

Yoseiri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So what did you name your farm?
    On my main save I name mine '
    Feign Light ' and on the other is ' Cloudy Seafoam '
    I name my farm depends on the farmer POV; what they see about the farm and farm types

I made this thread because I was just curious about what others people have name theirs

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
      Little Lea and DreamerDrop like this.
    • jboo

jboo Space Hobo

That's a beautiful name for a farm.

I wasn't very creative. When I started my very first farm I was eating blueberries so I named it Blueberry Farm. I was pretty happy when I realised I could have a crop of blueberries :)

• Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

I always name my farm Green Dream Farm. Bonus points of you get the reference^^

Little Lea likes this.
        • Yoseiri

Yoseiri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks! also thats ok the name for my first save isnt that great anyway :p

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I name my farms after real farms, mainly from the area I grew up in. Which include:

Ejerslykke (Owner's Happiness), the farm I grew up on.
            Egeskov (Oak Forest), the farm my dad grew up on.
            Stjerne (star), a neighbouring farm.
            Holme (old danish for Hill), a neighbouring property that used to be a farm.
            Lykkesholm (Happiness Hill), a nearby manor.
            I would also have called a farm Lønkilde (Source of Income), which is the farm my mom grew up on. But as far as I remember, it didn't accept ø. (And Loenkilde looks silly, even though oe is an old way of writing ø)

Then I ran out of farms I remember, so now I just stick to my very favorite farm name, Ejerslykke :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's also Grøftemølle (Ditch Mill), which is a farm that had been in my family for several generations. But again ø.

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Recently I've been giving my farms names in Latin or Latin-esque names. Serenique, Variantia, etc. I'm not very creative with names. :p

Little Lea likes this.
              • StardewMe

StardewMe Aquatic Astronaut

My farm name depends on what I intend to do with it.

If I want an apple farm, I name it "apple farm"
                If I want to make a dinosaur/lizard farm I name it as such.
                If I want to do giant grops, I name it "giant crops"
                If I'm doing just a YouTube video for something, I'll typically name it YouTube farm.

My personal farms are "lastname farm" so I can see the difference in them from the YouTube stuff.

Little Lea likes this.
                • DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fairfarren Farm.

I have no idea what it means but I heard it used to mean "goodbye" or something similar in an Alice in Wonderland adaption and it sounds pretty, so.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Junimo Haven
                    Firefly Hollow
                    Miss Mara's Chicken Ranch (this was in reference to a certain movie, I'll see if anyone can guess it)
                    Misthaven Manor
                    Ambrosia Vale

Those are all of them so far. I guess my naming trend is that I like two-word names that roll off the tongue and sound somewhat magical. (Besides the third one.) I only wish we could put longer names in without having to abbreviate.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
                    • wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

Friuli Farm - farmer Sassy
                      Gambol Farm - farmer Pert
                      Firm Farm (I'm a word nerd, okay?) - farmer Fierce
                      Warm Farm (yes more wordplay) - farmer Connected
                      Irreverence Farm - farmer Zestful
                      Vivid Farm - farmer Bold

Little Lea likes this.
                      • Muny

Muny Void-Bound Voyager

I name my character Jay (after myself) and typically name my Farm: Lazy J Farm. I got the idea from a property a relative once owned named the Lazy L Ranch.

worldstraveller and Little Lea like this.
                        • Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

Miss Lottie of Thistleberry Farm, at your service! No matter how many times I restart or choose a different map, it's always been Thistleberry. c:

sabrinatw, Amburr and Roskii Heiral like this.
                          • Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

I don't know why, but reading your post made me laugh, so thanks for the chuckle!

I'm an elder scrolls nut and I usually make meaderies. So far I've made Thirrsk and Jorvaskr!

sabrinatw and Little Lea like this.
                            • merizlb

merizlb Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I always struggle when naming my farms ;A; I wish we could remove the 'Farm' at the end and name them prettier things but oh well.

My top three: Dandy Lion, Soren High, Eden

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

My original farm, from pre-1.1 when there was only the basic layout: Fallfallow Place, a rustic nature preserve where about 80% of the farm space was used to grow trees.

For my Forest farm layout, used as a winery: Mystic Moon.

My Riverside farm, the lair of Anne Bonny, would-be pirate lass, smuggler and treasure hunter: Shipwreck Farm.

My current (and lagging behind since I don't play much at the moment) farm uses the Wilderness layout to make a spooky home for a ghost-girl named Cookieblook, raising Slimes and Snails on Blook Acres.

• DracoValley

DracoValley Poptop Tamer

I was in the studio space at university with my friends when I first started the game, and we were all calling eachother Daddy in Lumpy Space Princesses voice, thus was the conception of Daddy Farm. Poetic.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                                  • Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Standard Farm name: Törsagården. (The name of the old farm I live on.) The home of little old me, Yngve.
                                    Forest Farm name: Willowglade. The home of Wilhelm, a lumberjack.
                                    River Farm name: Seadog Cove. The home of the descendant of a pirate, Jack.
                                    Hill Farm name: Hoffston. The home of Harald, who is part of the neglected side on the family of the rich and powerful mining company Hoffstons.
                                    Wilderness Farm name: Windwail. The home of Jonathan the adventurer.

• BouncingCactus

BouncingCactus Big Damn Hero

In order of creation:
                                      Samuel lives on Hope Farm (standard layout). Name chosen because it was what he wanted from it.
                                      Moss lives on Moss Farm (Forest Farm), named as such due to it both being in the woods and being his first name.
                                      Asshole lives on Capitalist Farm (standard layout, Joja run), because he was clear about his goals.
                                      Deidre lives on McGee farm (Hill Farm), because it's her last name and she didn't know what else to call it.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Saraneth and BouncingCactus like this.
                                      • Chefpief

Chefpief Subatomic Cosmonaut

My first run I named it Dellberry, based on the two streets I've lived on most of my life where I've had gardens and grown my own vegetables.

For the second run on the forest farm I named it Hidden Hill. Thought it was neat.