[FanFic] Starting Over

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Slywyn, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Slywyn

Slywyn Existential Complex

Hello! I was working on this fic a long time ago(months ago) around when the game first came out. When I stopped playing the game(I had 'beaten' it and just moved on to other stuff!) my interest in continuing to write sorta went with it so I stopped updating.

However, with 1.1 bringing a lot of new content to the game, I've picked it up again! I'm still playing some other stuff on the side so I don't think I'll progress in this save too quickly at all(I think I'm at like 6 hours played and haven't made it out of Spring 1 yet), which means that I'll probably keep playing it for a while. And that means I'll probably keep writing for a while, too!

I do request that you leave any comments on those sites(I check them more often so you're more likely to get a response from me there), but if you can't or don't want to, leaving them here is great too! As far as what sorts of comments, anything is fine as long as it's not mean/insulting/etc. Critique is totally okay, just give me something other than "I don't like this part", if possible.

The story centers on the protagonist, Victoria, and her journey away from her life in the city and toward Stardew Valley. It does have a lesbian-centered relationship in it, so fair warning if that's not your cup of tea. (Abigail is the best, btw =p ) But I wouldn't really call it a 'romance' fic. There's romance IN it but I think the main story is about Vicky's struggles to adapt and survive, at least at first, and the larger story of Stardew Valley, Pelican Town, and the people within it first and foremost.

Anyway, you can find it over here at ArchiveofOurOwn or if you prefer, FanFiction. I keep both of them updated, so either one works depending on your preferences.

I don't want to post the story itself here just because I'd rather not split the readership further than those two places! It's just easier to keep track of and update this way, too.

Feel free to discuss the story if you like, I'll answer questions and everything. Either here or in the comments/reviews of either site, whichever works best!