1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Fan Fic: Awoken

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Fox0427, Nov 21, 2013.

1. austinlb90

austinlb90 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

finally

Fox0427 likes this.
    • Fox0427

Fox0427 Big Damn Hero

In other words your trick to make me update the story worked, GG. Update coming today or tomorrow.

• austinlb90

Reverse psychology for the win. I think.

• Fox0427

Fox0427 Big Damn Hero

Not sure it counts as reverse psychology. Anyway, here's the next chapter. Shorter than I thought I had made it, I'll make the next one at least regular length. And no, it won't take as long for the next chapter as it did for this one. It will take at the most, four days.

• austinlb90

your a good writer. I like this story.weird sentences.

• Fox0427

Fox0427 Big Damn Hero

• RiokuTheSlayer

RiokuTheSlayer Phantasmal Quasar

May use. I need some lore for this game. Need the lore! :rofl: I'm making a rewrite of the original game, I'm planning on making it much more in-depth and such than the original. There's gonna be cutscenes on the first loop every level, based on where you are going to/coming from and what char you're playing as. So yeah... nice work!

• Fox0427

Fox0427 Big Damn Hero

Thanks! Not sure how you could use this for in-game lore, but if you want, you can try!
                  EDIT: Chapter 14 is go!

Last edited: May 21, 2014
                  • RiokuTheSlayer

*shrugs* I'll probably find a way.

• austinlb90

anybody got a imp language decoder i'd like to know what he said

• Fox0427

Fox0427 Big Damn Hero

Yes, I do. In fact, what he said wasn't in an imp language, it's a simple code that can easily be decoded. What is it? Sorry, you'll have to find that out yourself.
                        EDIT: Aaaand, what's that just over the horizon? Could it be... Yes! I see it! It's a Chapter 15!

Last edited: May 23, 2014
                        • austinlb90

i don't know codes.:(

• Fox0427

Fox0427 Big Damn Hero

Well I don't want to spoil it, it's a mystery! Anyway, time to ask some questions to everyone:
                            What do you think Joshua will encounter on his journey?
                            What do you want to see?
                            Do you think I should have things in the fic that AREN'T in the game? (New areas, enemies, bosses, etc.)

• Fox0427

Fox0427 Big Damn Hero

Btw, if you do use stuff from this I must request you add some sort of credit. Just "Fox0427" in the credits, maybe.

• RiokuTheSlayer

Nooooo, i'm just the kind of person who takes everything and never gives anyone credit :p Of course I'll give you a spot in the credits, once we get that far :rofl:

• Fox0427

Fox0427 Big Damn Hero

:rofl: Yeah, I just had to make sure.

• RiokuTheSlayer

^_^

• Fox0427

Fox0427 Big Damn Hero

Since I assume you will be keeping up with the fan fic updates and such, I would love it if you answered the questions I asked in the other comment above :D

• Fox0427

Fox0427 Big Damn Hero

Chapter 16, more imps and their weird language. How to decode it? Maybe I left a hint in this very message.

• RiokuTheSlayer

Oh, sure!

What do you think Joshua will encounter on his journey?: Hm.... Dunno. I'm no good at predicting stories. Maybe some other ship crash survivors? Or maybe he'll meet the Acrid like in the original, and have to fight it?
                                          What do you want to see?: Longer chapters :p I dunno really, I like it so far.
                                          Do you think I should have things in the fic that AREN'T in the game? (New areas, enemies, bosses, etc.): Well, I can tell you this: There's about 5 unused characters in the game, and quite a few unused enemies. So yeah... I don't think it's a bad idea, just think things through first