Race Faircrypt (now with a default ship design)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by UnsoundM, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

Well, I suggested something like this (for birth) in case you didn't see it. Although you do show some good ideas, mine seems to throw the worries to the wind.

Sgt_Hankey likes this.
  2. Sgt_Hankey

Sgt_Hankey Request for Urgent Business Relationship

Yes, I read it, but I don't really get what you mean. I stated a specific way that they could grow their children, you talked about another way. This is called a 'discussion', exploring all the possibilities of an idea.
    Mine are bred in tubes containing biogel, yours (At least it sounds like to me) seem to be about the suit being formed within the womb.

I'm talking about breeding children outside the Faircryptian womb right from the start. Our ideas are in no way similar.

3. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

I was just telling you to keep that in mind since your worries about your suggestion seems to have been solved in that, maybe to see if anyone could further add to mine, maybe even having another suggestion that includes both of ours together.

4. Malachai18

Malachai18 Tentacle Wrangler

I like your idea of an echo society (is that a thing? It should be) and steampunk/scifi ( Sci-punk?) Ideas. Maybe the Resonance could be an ancient Athenian-like society (the democratic one.) or Ceasarian Rome and have it similar to the renaissance.

Sgt_Hankey likes this.
  5. UnsoundM

UnsoundM Subatomic Cosmonaut

Actually Cyberpunk is totally a thing :D but I was going more with the lesser known postpunk look (ie MadMax, the Fallout bandits). ^_^ It's a term I hear tossed around a lot in the haunt industry but it has little use online. Long story short it's basically tech and whatnot hobbled together from other things.

Sgt_Hankey and Dargona1018 like this.
  6. Sniffles The British One

Sniffles The British One Void-Bound Voyager

Any plans for this coming out?

7. UnsoundM

UnsoundM Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have no background in mods or modding, so unless somebody else feels like taking the reins probably not.

8. Sniffles The British One

Sniffles The British One Void-Bound Voyager

Sad to hear, I love the look and lore of this race..

9. AceZX57

AceZX57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thats what I thought. But the story is different, Quarians banded together, Faircrypt scattered (according to the post).

10. AceZX57

Ah, but you forget, there are differences. The Faircrypt are cautious and hostile, they also are loners, while the Quarians were quite the opposite, they are cautious but friendly, and band in groups. Plus the Faircrypt aren't as technologically advanced, due to the loss of their homeworld, and they aren't an educated band like the Quarians. In addition, a lot of the things you cite as rippoffs are fairly common ideas, shared regardless of knowledge of ME. In my Race post they lose their home planet. Sometimes people simply take inspiration from other games and products to produce something new. Without this innovation, we wouldn't even have ME, everything is an innovation of another idea.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  11. AceZX57

I agree with you definitely here. It says in the post that they are biological beings...plus who wouldn't get moody with someone who doesn't fully read an article then criticizes it? I know I get moody about that.

12. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

They remind me of Quarians. A lot.

Still cool though.

13. Irishcalahan

Irishcalahan Aquatic Astronaut

I hate to break it to you but Humans are primates.

The5lacker likes this.
  14. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

That would mean there are already TWO primate races, which makes another even worse.
    "We already have some of these, so more would be even better" is not a good argument. It's the exact reason so many races get shot down, for being similar to others. The important part of making a race similar to an existing one is to still make it different and unique so that it can hold it's own without using "we already have some why not another" as the argument. Luckily, this one is not one of those that can only stand with that.

15. Sgt_Hankey

Sgt_Hankey Request for Urgent Business Relationship

Man, I have never heard a worse argument. People actually use this? Sounds like the kind of argument I'd use against a species. "Nope, we shouldn't do that, already done. It needs to stand out, be original."
    It'd be wasting the Devs' time to develop an entire species if it were too much alike another species.

Also guys, please stop digging in the mud and bringing up dumb old 'argument's that were concluded several times before.