fail to load save game.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Xadu, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Xadu

Xadu Space Hobo

so i edited the town.tbin file available in the stardew valley expanded mod and changed sam's home hour data to LockedDoorWarp Samshouse ### 600 2400 from the same just 900 2000. when i launch the game after, the console says its json assets building map to resolve normal objects (like normal) then gives this error.
    [game] DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
    at StardewValley.GameLocation.UpdateMapSeats() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 1583
    at StardewValley.Locations.Town.UpdateMapSeats() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\Town.cs:line 51
    at StardewValley.GameLocation.TransferDataFromSavedLocation(GameLocation l) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 1108
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.loadDataToLocations_PatchedBy<SMAPI.ErrorHandler__spacechase0.SpaceCore>(List`1 gamelocations)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
    [SMAPI] An error occurred in the overridden update loop: DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
    at StardewValley.SaveGame+<getLoadEnumerator>d__95.MoveNext_PatchedBy<spacechase0.SpaceCore>(<getLoadEnumerator>d__95 this)
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate)

fyi im using tiled to edit the data, and im sure the way i edit the tiledata is the reason im getting this error, but it may as well be i need to edit other files in tandem aswell. i didnt make the mod so i dont know the innerworking plus im dummy stupid.

wait wait wait i was rereading the post and im gonna test 0000 instead of 2400 but imma still post and update later. (it was a divide by 0 error so maybe?)

nah just checked the data on the saloon and its 1200 to 2400. still gonna test. also when i close the file, then reopen, the entire building metadata is wiped. no idea why?

nah same error. like i said, i dummy stoopid

also i got the #s wrong its exactly LockedDoorWarp 4 23 SamHouse 900 2000 to LockedDoorWarp 4 23 SamHouse 600 0000/2400 (both types of 24 hour time do not work, but since gus' salon closes at 2400 id say it reads 2400 rather than 0000). also imma head to bed so no replies till morning. feel free to ask for files and error reports n shit. Edit: and call me stoopid lol

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2024
    • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator