1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Extended Ship Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Crystalwolf, Dec 6, 2013.

1. BUDDYBOY

BUDDYBOY Astral Cartographer

I don't know if this will work, but there is the file for the ship that I had created, lemme know if this works or not.

Just unzip and drag and drop into existing apex ship file, select move and replace and should be good to go. Advised to make backup of original ship files.

EDIT: Ok so that didn't work, ehre are the unzipped files, download both and copy and paste into your /common/Starbound/assets/ships/apex file.

dropshipblocks.png
    ShipShip.png

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  2. BUDDYBOY

Dammit....how do you make a downloadable file.....

OK nvm, you can just save both of those images and they should work.

3. psycoffman

psycoffman Void-Bound Voyager

My ship doesn't have walls. Everything else is there but the walls.

4. Feraldeus

Feraldeus Space Hobo

I'm having the same issue. I followed the instructions in the video (went in, backed up original ship files, deleted, installed the new ones) and now every time I try to make a new character it tells me the "Server-client connection is no longer valid" I'm at a loss. I've tried deleting and re-installing but it doesn't seem to help. I've also tried leaving the originals in there and copy/pasting over (leaving the extra .PNGs) Do you guys have any advice for this issue?

5. Xuhybrid

Xuhybrid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You will tend to get that error when your .structure file isn't done properly.

6. RogueTGZ

RogueTGZ Orbital Explorer

7. dvineownage

dvineownage Void-Bound Voyager

It would if you put the files in the human folder and rename them to the proper file names

8. WatcherCCG

WatcherCCG Giant Laser Beams

Although it'll basically look like you stole a Glitch ship.

9. mauttykoray

mauttykoray Space Hobo

The ship files will work for ANY race as long as they're named appropriately. The only file that needs to be named the same is the text file. As long as it points to the images it uses correctly, no matter what they're called, it will work.

But, the text file (ship config file) determines the background tiles, items in the ship's storage box, and the type of objects placed in the ship (i.e. the style of the captain's chair, etc). While the ship's actual image file determines the look, such at RogueTGZ's cargo ship being Glitch themed, and the 2nd color coded image being a guideline for the text file to know where to place certain backgrounds and objects.

Basically ANY ship works with ANY race. But like the Glitch Cargo Ship that RogueTGZ posted, no matter which race you replace it to, the ship will look Glitch themed and the placed items (Captain's Chair, etc) will be glitch themed. (assuming he used the Glitch assets in the ship.)

10. mauttykoray

mauttykoray Space Hobo

You don't have the text file required to dictate the background, objects, etc for the ship image files. If you want to include that (without uploading the file to this website or another hosting site) just include it in the 'code' format found on the reply's option bar which is basically a quote box but it keeps the code posted from changing the format of what you post. So, BUDDYBOY, if you don't have the custom text file that's okay, otherwise please post it here cause I'd love to use this extended ship for my Felin. I don't personally understand how to set up the custom ship text files or I would do it myself. =\

11. BUDDYBOY

Check the mod posts in my profile!!!

12. in_your_fase

in_your_fase Intergalactic Tourist

I am wondering how you made the custom ship files.
    Because i want to make my own custom ship but i dont know how.

13. BUDDYBOY

Mainly just pixel work with certain ratios kept in mind, that and a lot of tweaking to get things lined up.

14. I Am a Secret Wizard

I Am a Secret Wizard Astral Cartographer

What happens with these on multiplayer if the other player doesn't have the mod?

15. Xuhybrid

They see the background blocks/items/objects etc, but the image file provided will not appear.

16. WatcherCCG

WatcherCCG Giant Laser Beams

Looks like this mod just became yet another that will be absorbed by the base game. Tiy just tweeted about his new concept for ship expansion.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  17. Xuhybrid

18. Gnooah

Gnooah Intergalactic Tourist

I need a new character or?

19. GOKOP

GOKOP Big Damn Hero

For this mod? Yes.

20. BUDDYBOY