Expanding Upon Cosmetics

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 김제프, Mar 6, 2016.

1. 김제프

김제프 Void-Bound Voyager

Wouldn't mind the ability to expand upon the current cosmetic options. Will keep it concise:

• jackets
    • wings/capes/some type of back cosmetic
    • shields
    • pet customization (different sprites maybe?)
    • ability to customize shirts
    • ability to see current sword+shield/tool I am wielding at any times (maybe also a sheath option)
    Maybe a few other things. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

TheSilentObserver and Rejgnar like this.
    • Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

yeah I wouldn't mind those... if not too much trouble to put in that is. More trouble = more time spent, but roughly those don't seem like it would be too much trouble if done in a certain way.

What I wouldn't mind is just more things to choose from in general; whether it is farm options or character options. More or less decoration type things. Having a lab coat seems interesting enough to have a jacket/back slot. or 2 slots, one for each. Which would be an overcoat and back slot. I don't know if there is a way in game to change some of the current things you can do at creation, but would be nice to have an in game thing to do so. think the wizard does something if enough heart level, or so I have heard.

But I am open to having more customization. :nuruhappy:

• MariahDawn

MariahDawn Orbital Explorer

I wouldn't mind more cosmetic items, possibly a place to buy cosmetic items as well as craft-able/buy-able cosmetic storage like wardrobes and dressers.
        Would also like maybe a dungeon added later with the rarer cosmetic items like Wings, floating symbols behind your back, and other things, to give players another thing they can do solo or when multiplayer is added.

Pet customization (changing the sprite) I wouldn't mind either, would even be nice to be allowed to sorta color your pet (would like to change my kitty to look like my real-life kitty owo)

In any case, i support at least the cosmetic items idea owo, the pet one is more so just something i would like but isn't entirely needed.

• Zelts

Zelts Void-Bound Voyager

I think a canvas with basic paint mechanics would be cool. We could have our own pixel art on the wall without modding. And it's not like it's an online game or anything, so draw all the penises you want!

But, adding onto the pet customization, I think it would be nice to have it random, but have there be rare coats and colors. These could drop an extra item based on chance and happiness and sell for more than normal barn animals after their heart meters are filled. Item rarities are great, but rare animals would be sweet. Like a rare card pull.

And while there is a way to remake your character later (you can look it up if you want; I don't wanna spoil it), there are so many shirts already in the game that you could use cloth on the dresser to access the shirt. And whereas we don't want inventory space clogged up, there would be a wardrobe screen with unlocked shirts. Something that only lights up the option for you to change into at the dresser. I mean, it doesn't really matter all that much, but, on the other hand, there is a database of over 100 shirts only to be used at creation or recreation.

• MariahDawn

I noticed that when i made my character, there are SO many shirts to pick from, it is crazy but you only get to pick ONE (that i know of, just started like yesturday). BUT if you could buy a dresser or wardrobe, you could at least change the shirt you wear.

The custom art thing for like paintings you can hang up. I would like that too, you could go out buy a frame (comes in various sizes, with a preview of just how big they are (working to shown on a wall) and you could make own pixel art owo,

Rare animals like pets, yeah that would be cool too owo, and the farm animals i would love. Just to explain a lil more, you have a normal cow that would give you normal milk, but maybe you get somehow i dunno.... a astral cow, just throwing out a name, and it gives you astral milk and normal milk , more hearts, more chances at the rarer milk. That kind of thing would be very interesting to do >w<

• Zelts

Zelts Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah! Like that! Like where ducks drop feathers, as well as lay eggs. Oh man, this game is dangerous. I was asking my friend yesterday if he could imagine if they added mods and let us also choose between some of the older portraits of the bachelors and bachelorettes , and today I log into here for the first time and, bam! They're on top of it! I'm really keen on the animal idea now. Especially because I chose to specialize in Rancher and mainly focus on mah fuzzehs in this playthrough. xD

I just found out about supercrops and I'm almost to the first winter. The second I think I find the routine to the day it table flips me with something new. I was glad I collected at the very least a couple copies of every item early and saved every gold star. It saved me a lot of time on the Community Bundles. Joja Mart just doesn't seem like an option to me, but it let's you at least not worry about squirreling away anything. You can sell pretty much anything you want and rush expansions on just gold. In the end you'd want to squirrel away a lot anyways, to immediately fulfill some board notices for some fast NPC bonding. So the Center seems like a nicer option.

The dog/cat would be nice to change, though. An update or mod may eventually pop up. I sit a bit back from the screen and it takes me a bit to find my orange dog/cat or brown chickens against the orange-brown fall soil and grass sometimes. I need all my animals to be bubblegum pink or something... All animals bubblegum pink mod? Anyone?

MariahDawn likes this.
              • MariahDawn

Hehehe the multiple variation of animals would be lovely, though, the farm ones would give you so much more you can work with.
                Astral Cow, hey you can get normal milk but also Astral milk, which could be maybe 1.5x better than normal milk, rarer so its worth more, and maybe used in like Astral cake. I like this idea cause it passively could add more recipes, more ways to make money, maybe even add new buffs attached to these things.
                I think this is just something I would like cause I LOVE me some Cooking and Crafting in games, and the more it has be it functional, makes it look pretty or so on, the more i love it~

I do love the modding community, atleast when it comes to the like super nice add ons like the rice farm, to making things just a tad easier, like fishing (granted it is easy still BUT slowing it down JUST a lil bit helps for me) and the game like... what , only been out for like 2 weeks? I love it hehe, I don't love the mods that are just basically Cheats though >o<... but that is just me, and it is the person setting the mod up in their game's choice to do so.

Sorry... rambled a bit...

Zelts likes this.
                • Zelts

Zelts Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I'm making my first playthrough without mods. I like the idea, but I was already almost finished with a whole year without anyways. Fishing is crazy at first, but as I leveled it, the controls became more responsive and I think your bar gets gradually bigger? And then you can use a cork or trapper bobber to help.

Although... that rice farm sounds tempting. Might have to go check that out. I fish like crazy and have plans for a mass takeover of the townfolks's hearts using sushi. Crafting is the best! I got hooked up on Minecraft, but after a while, I only modded it for mainly the 50 added crops and 200 recipes. Cooking is my favorite profession in any game.

Being able to escape out and start the day over is already pretty convenient, but using mods to find everything and get access to places early would kill the game for me completely. I wouldn't even play it, lol. I bet my steam time is horrendous right now... and I started a couple days ago. My friend is already pushing 50 hours in the past week and working full time. Pretty sure this game is going to shut down the world for a little while as everyone skips work and school for " just one more day".

By all means, ramble on! This game is all I've been talking about for days.

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Reminds me that I wouldn't mind having more pets in general, as I am more of a bird person. Love parrots. But yes having different colors and breeds of the current too would be nice as well.

maybe eventually ability to build an aviary for birds. After all we raise some other types. :nuruhappy:

Zelts likes this.
                    • MariahDawn

Just, overall, this game is amazing. Modded or Unmodded, it is definally worth every penny and then some, espeically after they add multiplayer to it, it would be like living together with your friends, or in my case, my love, WHICH, also should be a feature, because from what I know, any gender can marry any gender, so why not add it so you can marry other players together if the multiplayer world is gonna be like a whole new game sorta...., I know I was abled to get the game for not only myself BUT my love as well, and i would ADORE it to pieces if i could marry my love in the game when we play it together when they add multiplayer.

But in the Item sense, I love when there is just so much you can collect, so much you can make, so much you can do, even with the... i think about 14 minute days, i still run out of somethings to do after I finish up my farm (small farm... cause anytime i played harvest moon, if i made a crazy huge farm, it was literally all i can handle to do all day, and in Rune Factory, i found myself mostly fighting and gathering things so, Stardew, i want to balance it together owo)

• Zelts

Zelts Void-Bound Voyager

I don't see why that wouldn't be an option. In-game marriage is a neat idea. I'd like it to be optional to have one farm or multiples on a map. That way, even if you play single player, you have four starting areas to choose from! Or you can 2v2 or 3v1 and someone can hermit out like old Linus. I'd dig that. "That crazy forager dude in the mountains" sounds like a perfect fit for me. I'd have minus hearts and only come down on stormy days to scare the villagers.

I kind of wanna make a new game and just sleep every day and see what happens.

@Tamorr: Birds would be awesome. I like seeing the variety of ones that fly around the town. I'd like a walk-in owlry to dedicate my love for the Harry Potter series. Then, all I'd need is a mod where my mail came by owl and I'd die happy.

Tamorr likes this.
                        • MariahDawn

That owl mail thing could be as simple as literally just turning your mailbox sprite into a owl on a stand (if that is possible).

And in multiplayer, i wouldn't mind is the farm area is shared , but you can call the host the farm head, then the other players joining are farmhands, or they all can be treated fairly, i just know unlike say.... Terraria and Starbound, which are more centered around adventure and like building and crafting the next best thing, Stardew is more relaxed, live your life day by day just doing whatever you want, and that can mean ALOT, so I hope (and i kinda feel like they are going too) they add alot more which will add SO much more to do, especially with your friends.

• Zelts

Zelts Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I like a game where I can feel like I'm not rushed into things. Though I hear it's better if you complete a lot of things in a short time, that'll have to wait until my next playthrough when I'm more on top of things right from the start. A bird parcel on-the-go delivery would be nice for multiplayer. Like, you can send 1 or 2 items to everyone a day from anywhere. Use bats if you're in the cave. Someone might need food in a cave and your trusty cave bat can deliver!

Oh, definitely. This game is going to last me quite a while even as is, anyway.

• MariahDawn

I absolutely Adore Harvest moon and Rune Factory, I do hope they add more to combat in this game (just made a post about Combat Exploration Areas) cause i feel like that also can add more to do, the game is basically your fantasy life, so adding more too it just makes it so much better >w<. If i knew what I had to do to add my own things to the game, i would do it, but i don't want anything that is like handing me stuff on a silver platter, I want to work for it (sorta why i like the Crow system they have in this game as well) There is just so much you can add to this game, and it would be HARD for it to go stale, it can only go up til it just takes over xD and I am ok with that owo, Nice relaxing game, if they add more combat, i can go fight things if i want to, they add magic, i can be a magic farmer owo just you can't lose with a game like this!

Tamorr likes this.
                              • Zelts

Zelts Void-Bound Voyager

I know. As far as coding goes, I'm junk. Although, though I'd have to practice again, I love pixel art and making pixel art. I use to make custom stuff for myself with RPG Maker. Emotes would have to be another cosmetic I would hope to see in multiplayer. Even if it was something like an emote from Ragnarok Online, where it's an animated message bubble (a lot like the npcs do sometimes). If there is one point in this game I'd like to expand on even more, it'ss the romance. I read romance novels, I watch romance anime, I even fell in love with Harvest Moon for the romance aspect!

NPCs were the only reason I disliked Harvest Moon. I could never get over the robot feeling. Stardew Valley's AI is already good, but I think what I crave in this particular game is a certain sense of mingling. You talk to one person at a time, sure, but rarely is there a group discussion. I think that NPCs could share a certain flag database, where if they meet certain requirements, they conflict. Say you went for one marriage, and halfway through increasing their heart meter, you decide on another because you liked an event that happened with them. I'd like to see the other NPC get mad at you.

• MariahDawn

Like say, with the Marriage candidates, maybe 7 Hearts is the amount where you can ask someone out persay, but then if you talk to any other marriage candidates and raise them to over 7 hearts, the one you asked out would get mad at you xD?

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

actually I think it is 8 hearts...or so I thought. Wouldn't mind something like match making like suggested before by someone else, and possible more dialogue bits to add more flare and depth. What I have seen there is more depth to the personalities than the HM I have played. At least in the dialogue and the routines they do, as well forethought to bits of history. I love the HM ones I've played despite it being less.

Never played rune factory series, as not ever had the income to try it out. That and I seem to keep a variety of games to rotate between. Lots of those ideas do sound entertaining though, but not everyone gets jealous... For me if everyone does that, then that is kind of across the board type thing. Maybe hints or other types of reactions depending on the individual would be best for "OMG you said you were dating me, and you go and talk about dating that person as well." I can't see all the NPCs reacting like that. Some I would imagine would be fine, while other having other things to say. I hope you got what I mean.

But basically adding various things to differentiate NPCs is always nice in my book. :nuruhappy:

Zelts likes this.
                                    • MariahDawn

Rune factory is more or less, Harvest Moon with Monsters and Magic, and Weapons, and I think in one you can actually transform into things, you can also Tame and ride certain monsters (which would also be an amazing add on to this game) or tame monsters that pretty much act like Cows or Chickens.... just alot more xD mean? i wanna say.
                                      But yes, adding alot more NPC interaction would be really nice owo

Tamorr likes this.
                                      • Zelts

Zelts Void-Bound Voyager

I started Rune Factory 4, but I only had access to play it for a short amount of time. I did like it, though, and I want to play more. I gotta grab the 3ds version at some point, but for now, any game I grab is going to be a waste of money when I'm just gonna boot up Stardew Valley anyways, lol.

I like versatile and life-like npcs. Harvest Moon did well and Stardew has given us a lot of options for marriage as well as perks for the other npcs as your relationships grow. I hope I can still play videogames with Abigail at home after we get married. :eek: Little things like that that make them seem truly alive. I started to get lonely in Harvest Moon 64 after a while. Like time stood still for everyone but me, lol.

• MariahDawn

Well, Hopefully with it just being what.... it has only been out for a little bit, I am sure there is more to come, it is going to be time consuming , but now I hope that they make days alot long xD i almost feel like time flies just a lil too fast