Exciting Post About Exciting Things

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

2. GoRoy

GoRoy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Key Bindings, yes! Q__Q

3. WuppieF

WuppieF Void-Bound Voyager

talking about DMG, can swords get charged attacks?

4. DragonnFire29

DragonnFire29 Void-Bound Voyager

Personally, I think the forced-walk when out of energy is an interesting mechanic. Besides that, optimization and more dungeons sound awesome!

By the way, I can't seem to find a way to deactivate the dungeon protection for most dungeons. Have you guys not finished putting in the shield generators, or am I just blind and not paying attention?

5. MrMcKeigue

MrMcKeigue Space Hobo

Bookmarking sounds amazing.

DarthTrethon likes this.
  6. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

Oodles of fun. :3

7. Atomic Hedgehog

Atomic Hedgehog Void-Bound Voyager

Excellent. This is exactly what I'd love to see. Teleporter-to-teleporter so you can go from base to base without having to go to your ship, but could potentially tie your ship teleporter in with the rest. Should be a sweet feature. I'll have fun seeding worlds with bases and gates and just hopping all over the galaxy.

8. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

I checked unstable and they got the teleporters in it and I'M GETTING THE JITTERS AND OMG!!!

9. Mutant1988

Mutant1988 Void-Bound Voyager

S I haven't kept up with development recently but are they going to add back the hunger bar? It seems like a pretty significant part of the game is missing at the moment.

10. Niner-7

Niner-7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Concerned. There are not gonna be any wipes, right?

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Emphasis mine.

12. Mutant1988

Mutant1988 Void-Bound Voyager

As long as I won't be forced to play with perma-death in order to have a hunger bar. I like resource management. I don't like having my save wiped. Heard about the changes to temperature effects too and again, feels like a rather significant part has been removed.

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I don't see how any of Tiy's post implies Normal mode would not get hunger. There are three levels total, he said "harder difficulty levels", and I recall nothing about adding a fourth.

To review:
    • Casual: only lose pixels on death, no hunger/temperature.
    • Normal: lose pixels and resources on death, probably get hunger and temperature issues in some form to be disclosed later.
    • Hardcore: lose everything on death, hunger and temperature very likely as in normal.

14. Nieskalany

Nieskalany Subatomic Cosmonaut

When we get pvp, planet capture system, siege system, usefull mechs and other vechicle?

SkipperMcCoolJ likes this.
  15. Feera

Feera Subatomic Cosmonaut

Interesting...I really like the idea of bookmarking planets. I'd love to find and keep some neat planets!

What about anything to do with pets? X3

16. Eldren

Eldren Aquatic Astronaut

Will my character in the regular starbound be deleted when the 3.0 come out ?

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Don't you think it's a bit early to ask about 3.0?

Ravager and Tamorr like this.
  18. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I'm not playing anything recent but I believe pet capturing is in but they don't really work right yet because their AI is bad.....there will be an overall AI improvement down the road that should fix that....not sure if it will be in this upcoming stable update or not though.[DOUBLEPOST=1421013004][/DOUBLEPOST]
    lol, 3.0 :DD

What are you smoking dude.....we aren't even at 1.0 let alone 3.0.

19. Masterrulax

Masterrulax Subatomic Cosmonaut

Like i said, optimize the game, it is slow even in high en PCs..
    Frame drops, stutters... etc..
    Add Dyes to the game for clothing.

20. Eldren

Eldren Aquatic Astronaut

• USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST. Reason: Losing your cool. Expires: 1 month
    I meant when this next update comes. Stop being faggits