1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Exception caught in main-loop EofExeption failed to...

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Iarefightar, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Iarefightar

Iarefightar Aquatic Astronaut

I keep getting this Error when joining any server. It go so bad i decided to make my own server to try and solve the problem. This didn't help all my friends can still connect and play on the server but I error out. I have tried the deleting universe and world options but they only give temporary fixes. I.E. Play for 30 seconds get error'd out.

Attached Files:

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

can we get the full log of both your client and the server? With the client, you can follow the instructions in my signature. The server log, idk how to get but I would assume its similar

3. Iarefightar

For sure, here they are.

Attached Files:

4. Nexus Of Chaos

are you Booker? your login info is apparently not correct.

5. Iarefightar

Nah that's my buddy he messed up his password once and i had to reset it because he was being a tool. I gave him and myself Admin on the server i made.

6. Nexus Of Chaos

that is the only related error i could find in both logs. srry

7. Iarefightar

No worries thanks for taking the time.

8. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

When using mods the server needs to have the mods installed and the other players too. The issue is probably caused because the server doesnt know how to handle the mods.

9. Iarefightar

Is this like skyrim mods? because i deleted all my saves and universes associated with the mods I had installed. After that I uninstalled and reinstalled Starbound.

10. Iris Blanche

When you use mods the server you are playing on need to have the mods installed as well. Otherwise the server doesn't know how to handle the stuff. Same goes for the people that play with you. You all need to have the same mods installed (unless it is only a simple UI mod).
    Can't see a relation to skyrim modding here.

11. Iarefightar

Sorry i meant more in the way of how to uninstall the mods. They need to uninstalled and sometimes other file alterations need to be made in order to stop conflicts or dirty code. In Starbound's case i deleted all the mods in the mod folder and uninstalled and reinstalled the game. None of my friends use mods and the server doesn't have any either.

12. Iris Blanche

In that case you're good to go since no modded content should be present when you did a hard reset.

13. Iarefightar

hmmm darn ok...I'm still getting the issue tho so i guess it time to go file diving.