1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Events Not Triggering

Discussion in 'Support' started by skal72, Feb 25, 2017.

1. skal72

skal72 Void-Bound Voyager

I keep trying to get relationship cutscenes to play and they keep crashing my game! i'm using the smapi mod along with a couple of others but this is the red error code i keep getting whenever it crashes

[03:57:49 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateControlInput(GameTime time)
    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
    at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 338

I was wondering if anyone knew what this red code meant and how I should go about fixing it?

• Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to Stardew Valley Support.

Please make sure to post in the right section next time.

Regards
      Iris Blanche

• skal72

I apologize, this is my first post and I am unfamiliar with where everything is located :/s

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Hrm, Skal72 does the error occur only when you're using SMAPI mods?
          If so, could you list them off.

• skal72

seems so, the list is

Almighty Tool
            Animal Sitter
            CalenderAnywhere
            CJBCheatsMenu
            CJBCheatsSpawner
            FishingOverhaul
            GetDressed
            LookupAnything
            NPCMapLocations
            Save_Anywhere_V2
            SeasonalImmersion
            SMAPIHealthBarMod
            Stardew_NightOwl
            StardewCJB
            StarDustCore

And that would be all the mods that I have for SMAPI

• MysticTempest

Alrighty, thanks.
              Could you try disabling the Save_Anywhere mod first; in the past I've come across a few people where it seemed to cause issues with events.
              Then try it.

If that doesn't work; it'd probably be best to disable a few at a time to narrow it down. Maybe it'll generate a better error log. As the error above doesn't seem to reference anything specifically; it's more of a 'it received bad data' error.

• skal72

Oh! well if it's the save anywhere mod no wonder it's causing problems. I tend to save right before an event triggers so I can get the best result:geek: I tried not doing that this time and it worked perfectly! thank you very much for the quick response and help :D

• MysticTempest

Yea, no prob! Glad I could help. : )

• skal72

I have come across another issue qmq it seems as though now the farmhouse events or mail events will not trigger at all! I know with some of the characters they are supposed to come over to the farm house at 6am-8am or that after donating to the museum a bunch that i should have gotten a rusty key. the same goes for mail events like elliot or emily sending letters for their 8 heart event. none of these are happening for me and I have no clue why :'C

• MysticTempest

That's very odd. Try playing with the mods all disabled. If it's still an issue it'd probably be some corrupt gamefiles; otherwise it's likely a mod again.
                      If it's your gamefiles you can just verify the gamefiles through Steam(though it'll overwrite mods so make a backup).

• skal72

I'll try and do that then, thank you again :)