1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved "error incoming client packet" loading character

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by pawlah, Jan 16, 2020.

1. pawlah

pawlah Intergalactic Tourist

After my son left my session, I moved some items around in crates, then attempted to transport to my ship. As soon as the screen began loading, I received the client packet error and then was returned to the game start page. I attempted to Start with that character and received the same message and exit. I loaded my other character and it was fine.

I then created a new character and it loads okay as well. I am attaching the log file.

Again, I can't even start in the game - as soon as the ship image starts to load, the game exits.

Thank you for any help.

In the log, the error occurs immediately following:
    "[Info] UniverseServer: Warping player 1 to ClientShipWorld:b4c5932ef909142f98b0458b64a462e4"

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Did you move the items too quickly?

3. pawlah

I did not have any chance to move anything. As soon as I arrived on the ship and stepped out of the transporter, the game exited with the error. I've looked at other posts, but did not see a solution for this instance.

4. Iris Blanche

Did you have any particular item in your inventory that wasn't present before? According to the log this error has something to do with the contents of your inventory. It might have been coincidence that it happened on your ship. The inventory changes when food rots for example.

5. pawlah

Not sure. We were building on a planet, my ship is at a different star system. I transported. Game exited. The ship did have several human storage lockers and I was going to place some items in them. I have no clue exactly what was on the ship and what I was bringing up - sorry. Would it be something on my character then? So, would this be a process of elimination? What would be the best way since the character won't load at all? Thanks.

PS: Is there a way to edit the ship's storage items outside of the game?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  6. Iris Blanche

Its not the ship storage, its the player inventory it seems according to the log.

I can take a look at the save if you want so you won't lose any progress. I'll need the player and the shipworld file of the character.

7. pawlah

Thank you, attaching the player and ship files. Any and all is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

8. Iris Blanche

The character you provided doesn't have the same name like the one from the log so i assume its the wrong files you sent me. The character that's causing problems should be this ID - b4c5932ef909142f98b0458b64a462e4

9. pawlah

Sorry...

Attached Files:

10. Iris Blanche

As i expected it is the inventory data. I might be able to fix the playerfile for you but it might take a while.

11. pawlah

Thank you, appreciate the help and understand about the time. Better than losing the progress I had with this character.

12. Iris Blanche

Did you mess around with the inventories? Or was a mod installed that granted more inventory space?

Either way i made the savefile functional again, however the main bag (first tab) had way more items in it than it can hold. Keep in mind that ALL excessive items are lost. I am attaching the working save.

Attached Files:

13. pawlah

Thanks! No mods, but I had cabinets with items in them, so I probably did overload item capacity a bit.

Again, thank you. I have all the important items, so I am good to go!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2020
  14. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Please note that stacking posts is frowned upon. You can use the edit feature to add to your post instead. I've merged the posts.

I'm also marking this thread as resolved.